Chapter 3: A weird day

Narrator's POV

It was morning again, and just like every other day, Jungkook woke up. But this time when he woke up, his head was spinning which led him to crash back into his pillow. Not long after a sneeze followed, and then another. I got changed really quickly after I came back, so why did I catch a cold? Jungkook thought and then sighed. He knew he couldn't do anything about it, and he knew it wasn't that bad - so he got up to get ready for school as he thought he could manage. He couldn't miss school just because of a mild cold, he wouldn't accept that. Although his head did throb with pain, he ignored it and set off to school.

He managed to arrive to school without groaning in pain, and he felt relieved when his classroom was empty, unlike yesterday. He sat down at his desk and started sketching, sneezing here and there, but he didn't let that bother him since it was normal to have a cold. A lot of people dealt with it, so why couldn't he.

He could feel his eyesight go cloudy and his head throbbing. Maybe I underestimated my headache? He thought as he finally let out a groan. Just then, he heard the door open and students came piling in. He quickly hid his sketchbook, and looked to the front when Ms Choi walked in.

As registration happened, Ms Choi looked and raised her eyebrow at him.

"Are you okay Jungkook? You look awfully pale," she asked with concern.

"I'm...fi-fine," he managed to say and a sneeze followed.

"I don't think you are. I think you should go to the infirmary and rest," she told him.

"No..it's...it's okay," he mumbled.

"Jungkook-" she said, but was interrupted by a voice.

"I'll take him there," someone said.

"Oh how kind of you. Thank you, please take Jungkook there before he gets any worse," she told the person.

Jungkook was about to refuse when two strong arms pulled him up onto his feet. He looked at up and was shocked to see it was Jimin who volunteered.

"Come on, let's go," he said.

Jimin didn't wait for Jungkook's response as he knew he was going to resist. Instead, he got Jungkook's things and dragged him to the infirmary.

"Ms, he has a cold," Jimin said to the nurse.

"Oh, okay. I'll bring him some medicine. Could you please take him to the vacant bed and check his temperature for me? You know where it is," she asked him.

He nodded and took Jungkook to the bed.

Jungkook knew he couldn't refuse, so he just crawled underneath the duvet, pulling it up to his mouth, covering it. Jungkook wanted to hide, but he knew he couldn't.

Jimin chuckled at the scene and just shook his head.

He handed Jungkook a disposable thermometer, and Jungkook hesitated.

He quickly took it and covered his head underneath the duvet, feeling embarrassed. Then he slipped the thermometer in between his armpit for a good minute, before popping his head out of the duvet and handed it to Jimin, who looked very amused, whilst Jungkook stared at the duvet - red as a tomato. Jimin looked at the temperature, and quickly put his hand on Jungkook's forehead. Jungkook stiffened at the sudden contact.

"You have a slight fever," Jimin said retreating his hand after seeing the discomfort on Jungkook's face.

The nurse walked in and Jimin informed her about his temperature. She handed Jungkook some medicine, which he instantly took, and was ordered to rest. She left for a meeting, and Jimin stayed by his side.