Chapter 18: Haircut

Narrator's POV

Monday came around and Jungkook did the usual. He washed his face and brushed his teeth before he started putting his uniform on. He was still getting used to his new hair. To him, it felt weird not having his hair slightly covering his eyes. He couldn't hide behind his hair anymore, which meant his face was completely exposed and he had mixed feelings about that. But he motivated himself by telling himself that it was another step towards self-confidence. This is a boost that is needed for me to become more confident. He chanted to himself.

After brushing his hair, he grabbed a breakfast bar before heading to school.

With his earphones in, he walked through the gates with his head up high. Although he was nervous, he pushed his nerves away and walked in. He could feel the eyes of everyone around him, which made him slightly cower back, but he shook it off. Come on Jungkook. You made it this far, you can't run away now.

He took a deep breath before walking to his locker. He heard murmurs from everyone around him but he couldn't hear what they were saying clearly because of his earphones. Before he attracted anymore attention, he escaped to the haven of his classroom. He sat down and calmed his nerves. Okay. I'm okay. It's not bad. I just have to get used to it...But do I look that different? He wondered since he found it weird that everyone was looking at him. He shrugged it off and took out a book.

After some time, he heard the sound of the classroom door opening. His eyes darted to the door where he was met with Jimin's usual pink hair. Jimin didn't look at Jungkook since he was too busy fixing the cuffs of his shirt.

"Hey Jungkook," he said, knowing he was there since he was always there in the morning without fail.

"Morning hyung," Jungkook responded.

"Jungkook-ah can you help..." Jimin stopped what he was saying when he looked up.

He felt his body freeze as he stared at Jungkook wide eyed while his mouth opened. Jungkook nervously waited to see what Jimin would say.

Suddenly Jimin's brain was malfunctioning as the image in front of him was not processing in his mind.

"Hyung?" Jungkook said as he couldn't take the silence anymore.

Is it weird? Maybe what I think looks okay is opposite to everyone else?

Jimin suddenly got out of his meltdown. I'm being an idiot by freezing like that. He's gonna think I'm being weird. It's just a haircut Jimin, snap out of it...But damn does he suit it.

"Oh Kookie. You look...different," Jimin managed to say as he gulped.

What's with that stupid response? Jimin thought.

"Is it bad?" Jungkook quietly asked.

"Oh no no no. I didn't mean it in a bad way. You look...good. It suits you," Jimin rushed to say so Jungkook didn't misunderstand.

"Really? Thanks," Jungkook shyly thanked him as he finally smiled.

Jimin's cheeks flushed pink at the sight of him. Damn it Jimin you got it real bad.

If Jimin was nervous before, he was ten times worse now. Every time he looked at Jungkook, he felt his face go hot and he would quickly look away. Why does he affect me soo much?

Jimin felt tormented by Jungkook and he wasn't even doing anything. He literally was just sitting there, but looking as handsome as ever. How was Jimin going to hide his crush now without anyone finding out? His crush was getting out of hand, especially when Jungkook made him blush every time he was on his mind or whenever he looked at him. He knew it wasn't long until everyone found out and he didn't know what to do.