Chapter 5 [Our Performance]

CHAPTER 5

My alarm went full out blasting into my ears, an annoying ring tone that sounds like our school bell. I groaned as I tried desperately to hit the snooze button but kept failing. After a few amounts of punching, I finally got the damn thing to shut the hell up. Just as I was about to get back to sleep, someone slammed a pillow at my face. I grunted pushing the pillow off my face, only to be hit by the blinding rays of the sun as the person opens my red curtains.

I fluttered my eyes open, glancing at my alarm clock. It was already 7:30am! Class starts at 8:30! Crap! Our travel time is 1 hour!

“Gwen get up! We’re gonna be late at school!” Jet scolded with his strict older brother authority voice.

“Ok, ok I’m getting up.” I mumbled sitting up from my bed.

He left my room and I did my daily routine in the morning right away. Taking a quick shower and fitting into my plain red shirt and dark-washed jeans that hugged my frame perfectly with some plaid multi-colored converse. Grabbed my bag and snatched a piece of ham sandwich that my dad was about to bite, he yelled “Hey!” as I exit our house and jump on the black hummer waiting for me outside.

“You certainly took your time.” Robert nagged, speeding away into the road. I just ignored my brother’s comment and ate the ham sandwich that I stole from my dad. A few moments later, I dashed into my first class which was drama I was never into literature but my original mom forced me to learn how to act when I was a kid. Before that horrifying accident happened, before when I had at least an inch of respect for human life, before I was left all alone and scarred…

I can’t believe I couldn’t find the drama room! I had to run around this whole building to find this tiny label on a door at the farthest edge of the fourth floor! I growled in strong frustration, I need to punch something! Ugh… calm down Gwen, take control over the werewolf temper inside you… I breathe gradually, slowly raised my right hand and knocked on the door.

It swung open the sight of a women standing leisurely holding the door. She wore a soft smile and had a beautiful face which immediately made me feel comfortable. Her black hair fell up to her shoulders and wore luxuriant clothes that expressed drama all over it. She’s very young, about in her 20’s.

“Umm… hi madam, I’m so sorry that I’m late. I’m new and I got a bit lost.” I shyly explained.

“It’s ok, please get in and take your seat. I’m Ms. Lopez.” She politely replies, giving me way to enter.

I nimbly walked in and took a quick glance on the people who I’ll be with at drama class for the whole year. My heart skipped a beat as my eyes shot to the handsome boy sitting alone on the back, it was Alex. Even when he’s just sitting there all alone being such a loner, he was still as hot as ever. I strolled down the aisle and sat right next to Alex with a smile.

“Wow. First homeroom, gym and now drama? Are you stalking me?” I joked flippantly then he chuckled with that so damn sexy voice.

“What wonderful coincidences.” He replied with a charming smirk.

“This unit will be based around William Shakespeare’s works. I know your grade that it is part of the set curriculum to study this play so you should all be familiar with the character traits of everyone in the play. Also everyone taking this class will be eligible to try out for a role in any theatrical plays that he or she wishes to apply for. Anyway I was thinking we can start the unit off with a bit of the Antony and Cleopatra play. Any volunteers?" Ms. Lopez announced eagerly to an unenthusiastic class. No one volunteered.

“No volunteers? Well then I get to pick.” She looked around the room, people hid their faces sheepishly. “Hmm… how about the two love birds at the back? Gwendalin could you play the part of Cleopatra and Alex gets to play as Antony.” Ms. Lopez said handing both Gwen and Alex a script, we quickly read over our lines.