Chapter 12 [Save Me]

CHAPTER 12 [Save me]

Previously…

Then I heard the door opening again with its spine chilling creek, this time I just laid on the floor and closed my eyes shut not caring what might happen next. Just drift my mind away from the coming dreadful scenery…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ALEX’s POV

I slammed the door open of our mansion, desperate to find where Gwen is being kept. I searched everywhere, the basement, the interrogation room, the cells and even Heather’s bedroom and still no Gwen. Where the hell could they be keeping her? Or was she dead already and they buried her corpse or something? Augh! So many questions that brings horror into my mind.

I went into the kitchen for a drink, I need my mind to relax and function properly. I saw Brad sitting on the table, blood covered his face and shirt. His eyes grew bloodier than ever.

“Fresh kill?” I asked suspiciously. Brad had always been the kind who can easily spill secrets.

“Yeah, California blood tastes so delicious.” He said ominously.

“I thought we’re supposed to be as discreet as we can in this town? I don’t think killing the tourists is going to help our secret.”

“Oh come on, I was so thirsty. I guess drinking Lowell werewolf blood wasn’t a good idea. It makes me feel twitchy.” He explained lazily.

My eyes suddenly shot wide open and my body tensed but it soon recovered and I calmly said “You mean you bit the werewolf we captured?”

“Yeah, it’s awesome I know.” He announced with that insufferable ego.

“Is it still alive?” I asked, edging with fear about the answer.

“Yes…” he mumbled. “At least barely.” He chuckled.

“So where did you lock it up?” I demanded, trying to hide the anger in my voice.

“In some abandoned place in Blue Feather street- Oh crap! I shouldn’t have told you! Heather told me to not tell you!” he screamed out in frustration.

“Well, too bad. If you don’t mind, I’ll be on my way.” I said coolly, walking into the front door.

Brad suddenly appeared in front of the door, covering it with his arms extended. He wore a glare and a menacing grimace.

“Sorry bro, I can’t let you do that.”

I immediately charged at him, grabbed his neck and raised him off his feet while his back is against the door.

“Dude! What the hell!” he choked out startled, struggling to break free my strong grasp on his neck.

“You just drank my missing girl friend’s blood! I don’t know if she’s still alive! And now you’re trying to stop me?!” I reprimanded in dangerous deadpan.

“Well your girlfriend killed Daniel, Armand and mostly half of our entire team! The bitch deserved it!” he exasperated malevolently.

Then without me thinking, I punched him hard on the cheek. Anger consumed my thoughts and actions. Brad spat out blood.

“Don’t you dare talk about her like that!” I demanded, my voice roaring with rage. “I’d kill you myself if you won’t get the hell out of my way!”

Suddenly, he grabbed my neck and turned us around. Now I’m the one grinding against the wooden door. We both glared ominously at each other with burning eyes dripping with rage.