Epilogue: Closer Than You Think

A/N: Important notice at the end!

~Rebekah POV~

"You never said goodbye." Rebekah turned to her left and there was Marcel coming towards her as she stood on the streets of New York City.

"I figured you'd be busy with your plaything, Sabrina." She replied curtly.

"Sofya is gone." He informed her. "For good."

"Well that's a pity." She told him, her face remaining as solid as stone. "I do hope that you'd be smarter than to come all this way because your mercenary girlfriend dumped you. I don't really care to be somebody's second best."

"She asked me to go with her. But instead I'm here." He said as he walked one step closer to her.

"Spare me the details." She said as she tried to leave but he held her arm, forcing her to stay and listen to him.

"Look Marcel, I don't wanna play this game." She told him sternly. "I'm finally free and I don't wanna waste a second of it—"

He pressed his lips to hers, taking her face in his hands and refusing to allow her to finish her rant.

"Fiore told me to set her free. She didn't have to tell me who she was talking about because I knew that it wasn't you." Marcel said to her. "You are free. And so am I. And no-one's gonna tell us that we can't be together, ever. So, what do you wanna do?"

And for the first time that day, Rebekah couldn't help but smile.

~Hayley POV~

"Fiore, hey." Hayley said as her friend answered the phone.

"Hayley, it's lovely to hear from you." Her friend said happily. "How is—"

"Before you ask, I'm not with them." Hayley said, tears already starting to form in her eyes, and a lump making its way into her throat. "I'm actually in Greece. Elliott asked me to do something for him. Away from him."

"I see."

"I'm calling because we never really got the chance to say goodbye." Hayley continued. "And I wanted to tell you, that I love you. You were the best friend that I ever could have had. You accepted me, even after I hurt you the way I did. You should've thrown me out or killed me. But you didn't. And I hope you know how grateful I am to you."

"I love you, Hayley." Fiore said sadly.

"I love you too. You are going to be a great mom to your daughter." Hayley told her firmly. "And now that you're going to be away from Klaus, if you decide you ever want to have a fake wife again—"

"Trust me, Hayley. There is no one else I would rather share fake I dos with."

~Kol POV~

Kol was now with a jeweller in San Francisco, holding out to him a large diamond and barely able to contain his excitement at the prospect of his future.

"I want this made into a necklace, earrings, but most importantly—one massive engagement ring." He told the man with a large grin unable to escape his face.

Davina: Are you almost here?

Kol: Be there soon bearing gifts.

~Klaus POV~

Klaus and his son sat in Manosque, watching his bother play the piano happily and bask in the glory of the fans that he had amassed.

"We should leave." Klaus told Elliott.