Chapter 50: What Are We?

~Fiore POV~

I hurried into the study at the sound of Elijah dashing the entirety of the table's contents off it. I swept out my hand and used magic to catch them, placing the books back on the table.

"When most people resurrect from the dead, they celebrate their return." I told him as I stood opposite him.

"Perhaps later."

"I have to assume this is because of Hayley not talking to you." I said with an understanding look and he nodded his head in response.

"Give her time, she'll come around." Nik added as he joined us.

Nik was trying to be supportive, but I knew better; and Elijah knew I did too as instead of listening to his brother, he remained locked on my face, trying to gauge my emotions.

"Will she?" He asked depressively.

"Can we please put a suspension on all of the sulking?" Rebekah said as she entered the room too, taking her brother's hand in hers and clutching tightly. "It's a lovely day, The Hollow is dead and my brother is back."

"Let custom suit tailors everywhere rejoice." I added with a chuckle.

"Not to mention me." Rebekah told him fondly. "I have to admit I have missed the Quarter. I'm gonna make you take me out to hear some jazz."

"I suggest you enjoy the charms of the city while you still can." Nik told her. "Marcel will want us gone post-haste as per our agreement."

"Well perhaps he's changed his mind and will grant us a reprieve." Rebekah countered.

"He will offer us no such thing." Elijah rebuffed. "We're going to meet with him to discuss the terms of our departure."

"I suspect he simply needs to be asked nicely." Rebekah told us with a grin. "You should really leave these matters to me."

Rebekah flounced off and I followed after her, grabbing her hand before she could escape me.

"Rebekah, don't get hurt." I warned.

"Marcel would never lay a finger on—"

"That's not what I meant." I interrupted. "And I think you know it."

**********************************************************************************

"Grace is still sleeping." Nik told me as he came back into our room and flopped back onto the bed.

"I suppose she was up late last night." I said with a shrug.

"Well no matter the reason, it works in my favour." Nik said as he began to lay kisses on my neck whilst simultaneously un-doing the buttons of my dress.

"Is that so?" I asked as I spun him around straddling him on the bed beneath me and ripping off his shirt.

"You are a dangerous woman, Fiore Mikaelson." Klaus said with a smirk as I kissed his chest.

"And never was there anything more dangerous than a dangerous woman."

~Klaus POV~

"There seems to be a lot of sexing going on." Fiore said with a giggle. "Freelin is finally Freelin themselves up."

"I have never met anyone with a worse sense of humour than you." Klaus said looking at his wife in disbelief as she was in hysterics, laughing at her own joke.

"I'm gonna tell Hayley that joke and she's gonna love it." Fiore replied, sticking her tongue out at him.

"Speaking of, why is Hayley so upset with Elijah?" Klaus asked Fiore, knowing that she knew the answer.

"She isn't angry at him, she's angry at herself." Fiore replied with a sigh.

"And why is that?" Klaus continued.

"I can't tell you that." Fiore told him, before shooting up in bed. "I have to go."

She frantically jumped out of the bed, getting dressed as quickly as she could to her husband's confusion.

"What? Where are you going?" He asked her, puzzled by her sudden need to depart.

"I'll be back soon. I promise."

She gave him a kiss on the forehead before hastily making her exit. Normally Klaus wouldn't have been too worried but from the way she had said goodbye, it seemed like his wife had landed herself in a lot of trouble.

~Hayley POV~

"Klaus!" Hayley said as she stopped him just as he was about to leave.

"I know that look." Klaus said with a frown. "You need something. Whatever it is, it can wait, I need to talk to Marcel."

"We need to talk about Elliott's future." She told him.

"Pretty sure Elliott is the author of the future himself." Klaus told her dismissively.

"Klaus, we need to have a very real conversation about what's best for him." Hayley continued. "The rules aren't the same for Elliott and we need to address that."

"There are a couple of conversations that need to happen but we're late." With that Klaus exited the gate and when Hayley turned back around, there stood Elijah.

She slowly walked towards him, wondering if this would be the first thing she would say to him. However, she couldn't bring herself to do it, and instead she ran making her way upstairs to her goddaughter's room.

"Hey sweetie, is your brother home?" Hayley asked her.

"You know Elliott, he's always off on an adventure." Grace answered dismissively.

"Typical." Hayley said with a chuckle. "You drawing something?"

"Yes." She answered monotonously but when Hayley looked at the sketchpad, it was blank. Something was wrong here.

"You know when most people draw, they actually use pencils." Hayley said with a chuckle, but Grace remained silent. Hayley didn't want to alert her to any of her suspicions, but she also knew she needed a way to confirm. She sat on the bed behind her and used her hairbrush to comb through the young girl's locks. "So now that all this Hollow business is over, I thought we could have a chat about what happens next. Your mum told me that you wanted to have a normal life, with friends and schools and art and sports."

"Hm."

"Are you okay, Gracie?" Hayley asked.

"I'm fine."

"Grace, if you're worried about The Hollow, don't be." Hayley told her. "Everything's okay now, I promise."

"Hm."

"What are we?" Hayley asked expecting the response she always gave her mother.

"Girls?" She answered in confusion. "Can I go back to my drawing?"

"Sure." Hayley said convinced that she wasn't talking to Grace now. She took the hairbrush and left the room, almost 98% she knew who she was really talking to.

~Fiore POV~

I sped down the road, driving through terrains, avoiding the things that would slow me down, going far beyond the city borders. The minute I spotted her, I splayed out my hands and all her attackers were thrown back.

"I told you not to leave the city borders!" I shrieked as I helped un-tie Odessa. "What the hell were you thinking? I should've let you die! You broke our agreement!"

"It's not that simple!" Odessa shot back as we headed quickly for the car.

"Then simplify it for me!" I snapped as I tried to start the car to no avail. "There's more. We're gonna have to go by foot."

The two of us were about to leap from the car only for it to be levitated and flipped over, immediately bursting into flames.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, comment and follow if you did! X