Chapter 53: A Wedding Without Any Guests

"The Hollow has been haunting this city for centuries, it is an unending evil." Vincent told us. "It's appetite for power is insatiable. And that's what attracted it to your little girl."

"You said there was a way to save her." Klaus interjected desperately.

"There is. But I'm gonna tell you right now, you are not gonna like my plan." Vincent continued. "Step one: We pull The Hollow out of Grace, step two: we find someplace else to put it. But with the book gone, I need a place that's both powerful and eternal. And in ode to make the transition work, I'm gonna need something that's connected to Grace through blood."

"You need a vampire." Freya said in realisation. "You wanna put The Hollow in one of my siblings."

"One won't be enough, will it?" I asked sadly.

"I'm gonna need four of you." Vincent explained.

"Why four of us?" Elijah asked.

"Twenty-five hundred years ago, when The Hollow was first killed, they divided her remains, four bones, four volunteers, four different locations. That's how we're going to defeat The Hollow now." Vincent replied.

"Transfer The Hollow's power into four immortal vampires." Freya explained.

"And then just send us on our way?" Rebekah said in disbelief.

"So that the evil is hung, drawn and quartered." Nik added. "Separated for all time."

"And you have to go your separate ways and you have to stay separate for all time." Vincent warned. "You can never see each other again. You can never go near each other again. That is the only way that we're gonna beat The Hollow."

Our family looked at one another, completely distraught at the idea of being apart from one another. I dared to make eye contact with Nik and immediately felt my heart rip from my chest. Both of us knowing that we had to do it. For our little girl.

"If it will save my daughter." I began shakily, the pain of being torn apart coming through in my voice. "Then we will make it so."

"Not we, they." Vincent added. "Fiore, you cannot take on The Hollow."

"Excuse me?" I asked, unable to understand what he was presenting to me.

"You are already a Hollow in your own right." Vincent explained. "By giving you a part of Inadu, that darker side of you, the abyss, it will become you."

As sad as I was, I felt a beam of light, and I knew Nik did also. Although we might have been separate from our family, at least we could still be together.

~Rebekah POV~

Rebekah, Elijah and Freya sat in the study, still reeling after the news they had taken in of their forced departure. Elijah took a dagger and sliced his palm open, allowing his blood to drip slowly from it. He passed it to Rebekah, who seemed hesitant to accept it from him.

"Vincent needs our blood." Elijah reminded her.

"Right. Four of us and Kol hasn't been answering his bloody phone." Rebekah told him. "Our brother has finally gotten a chance at happiness and you are asking him to come home and become the host of one quarter of a demon."

"There has to be another way." Freya suggested.

"And what if there isn't?" Elijah asked her.

"I can't believe this is happening." Rebekah said to her eldest siblings. "I'm normally the first one who wants to run off on their own and now I don't have a say in the matter, I'm feeling quite perturbed!"