Chapter 38: One To Move Mountains For

"What happened?" Nik asked with concern about his brother. "I thought Elijah was with you."

"I haven't seen him since last night." She explained. "I didn't think anything of it at first but he's not answering my calls or even my texts. It also doesn't help that he went to see Marcel."

"Marcel wouldn't do anything." I told the two.

"Well I'll certainly find out." Nik said before dashing out of the compound.

~Vincent POV~

Vincent was inside the St Ann's church, the place that he and Odessa had strived to make a peaceful sanctuary for so long, but it had been desecrated as a warning. He had been talking to Maxine who had told him about the many witches that were now choosing to side with the Hollow.

"Maxine, get out." Odessa said as she entered the room and sped in front of her and Vincent.

"So loyal." The Hollow said as she walked in. "There was a time Vincent showed me such devotion. In fact, he used to worship me and now look at how far he has fallen."

"Maxine, you need to go!" Odessa commanded but Maxine's eyes were still locked worriedly on Vincent.

"I'll be fine." He told her. "Just go."

Maxine obliged and fled from the room leaving just the three of them.

"Hello Vincent, it's been far too long." The Hollow told him. "You too, Odessa, how's life without me?"

Vincent looked at her in confusion, but Odessa was not going to explain it to him just yet.

"Much better." Odessa growled.

"Why don't you tell me about it?" The Hollow had said. "I think it's about time we caught up with each other. Oh, come on. You knew this day would come. Poor Vincent, all those years you spent refraining from magic, scared that I would come. And even after all that, here I am."

"Here you are, hiding inside the body of a vampire because you're not as strong as you want me to think." Vincent snapped, but the Hollow flicked her hand up and both he and Odessa were held in the air, suspended in pain.

"He always had such a spine." The Hollow said to Odessa. "Didn't you Vincent? It's what I enjoyed most about you. And I know you enjoyed the power I had to offer. It's still here Vincent, you can have it all back if you want. You just need to swear loyalty to me."

"The only thing I want is for you to slither back into the rock that you came from." He sneered. She snapped her fingers and the two of them were thrown backwards onto the ground. Odessa recovered quickly and helped her witch friend up.

"You just had to piss her off." Odessa said with a slight grin before turning to the Hollow. "Look, if you wanna fight us, then fight us."

"COME ON!" Vincent yelled.

"I should send you back to your dead wife." The Hollow told him. "And what about you Odessa? Maybe I should send you where I sent all the doppelgangers before you. But I have a better idea. An offer even. For you, and the Mikaelsons. Now you can hear me out or die. The choice is yours."

~Klaus POV~

"You can come on in Klaus." Marcel called out to the original who immediately bounded into his apartment. "To what do I owe the displeasure."

"I thought we had a truce." Klaus said to him.
"We do." Marcel replied. "If we didn't, I might have responded differently when Davina asked me to sacrifice you."

"And does our truce extend to my brother, despite your extensive grievances?" Klaus asked.

"Well yeah." Marcel replied once again. "I wanna get Sofya back and stop The Hollow as long as you guys want the same thing, I don't see why we can't play nice. Why? What's wrong?"

"Well far be it from me to jump to conclusions, but the last time anyone saw my brother he was on his way here. To talk to you." Klaus explained as he walked up to Marcel.

"And you think I have him? Seriously?" Marcel asked him incredulously and Klaus hesitated before answering the man with what he knew to be true.

"No. I don't." he answered. "But I would like to know who does."

~Fiore POV~

"He's not at Marcel's." Hayley told me as I prepared to do a locator spell on Elijah.

"I didn't think he would be." I told her with a smirk, but the look of distress on her face told me she was in no mood for jest. "Hayley, I'll find him. I promise you."

I began the spell only for me to be quickly stopped as the blood refused to move on the map. He was cloaked.

"Someone's used magic to cloak him." I explained to her worriedly. "And if I had to hazard a guess at who..."

I pointed to the Hollow's jawbone that had begun to spin around in the sigil we had bound it with. The two of us walked towards it when Vincent and Odessa came and joined us.

"It's her. It's the Hollow." Odessa told us. "She has Elijah and now she wants that bone."

"In exchange for Elijah?" Hayley asked her.

"No, you don't understand!" Vincent snapped. "There won't be an exchange. She needs Elijah to die in order to serve as a sacrifice for her ritual. She's already poisoned him with the rose thorns, she wants this bone by sundown and if she doesn't get it, she's gonna come here and she's gonna take it. And when she does, she's gonna burn this entire city to the ground."

~Klaus POV~

"Fiore has informed me that your mate Vincent has a plan." Klaus told Marcel after he had finished speaking to his wife. "Just one tiny problem, I don't trust him."

"Look Vincent helped me keep the peace for five years, he knows the Hollow's power." Marcel told him. "Even Odessa, she's powerful and she and Vincent together make formidable foes and amazing allies. They're our best shot at coming up with a plan."

"I have a plan of my own." Klaus replied. "We find this thing and its acolytes, we slaughter the lot of them, then we stack their bodies into a monument dedicated to those who would threaten my family."

"Just one problem with that." Marcel told him. "One of those bodies would be Sofya. I want her alive."

"Please Marcel, it's not a time to be sentimental." Klaus said as he sat down opposite him. "This is New Orleans; toss a few beads you'll find another girl."

"That is the problem with you and your family. You'll do anything to save your brother, but to hell with anyone else, right? It all seems a little familiar." Marcel raged, getting up in anger. "The Hollow is evil? Yes. Do we wanna defeat it? Yes. But I'm not gonna standby and watch someone I care about become more Mikaelson collateral damage."

"Oh spare me the sanctimony it was your refusal to make peace that led Elijah to come here last night. If you two would have just settled your differences—"

"ENOUGH!" Marcel growled, slamming his hands on the table for emphasis. "The only reason you are still in this city is because I allow it. Now do you wanna fight me, or do you wanna find a way to end this?"

Klaus scoffed and Marcel couldn't help but look disappointedly at the man he had once thought of as a father.

"You got lucky; can't you see that?" Marcel asked.

"Care to elaborate? Because I seem to be lacking in luck in my life." Klaus muttered bitterly.

"I mean with Fiore." Marcel explained. "You got lucky. The first person you ever fell in love with, loved you back. Enough that you are still together today. But some of us don't have that luxury. Some of us search for something like you have their entire life and never find it. Some of us just have to keep trudging in order to find that. What if it was her that the Hollow had inhabited? Huh? You would move mountains if it meant you would get her back. So if there is even a chance that Sofya is the one that I will one day move mountains for, then I am sure as hell taking it."

A/N: I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, comment and follow if you did! X