Chapter 46: The Only One That Can Do It

~Kol POV~

Kol walked into the attic where he was hiding Davina, after discovering The Hollow had linked them to each other, to tell her the plan.

"Davina?" He called out and when there was no answer, he immediately went into panic mode. "Davina!"

"Relax, I'm right here." She told him with a smile. He sighed in relief and brought her into a tight hug when he saw her.

"For a moment, I thought—"

"It's okay. I'm still me." She said, cutting him off. "Flesh and blood, alive. For now."

"But you're linked to that monster." Kol replied dejectedly. "I promise I'm gonna find a way out of this for you."

"She was powerful enough to bring me back from the dead." She began. "Kol, you have no idea what we're up against."

"Hasn't stopped me before." He said with a grin as he caressed her cheek. "Stay here, I'll be back as soon as I can."

"Wait, you're leaving?" Davina asked him in confusion. "Kol we might not have much time together. Which means I should explain something. Don't get mad."

"I could never, not at you." He assured her.

"Kol, this isn't the first time I've seen you since I died." Davina explained with a sigh.

"What?" He said in confusion.

"A couple weeks ago, you came back. You came to the church with Grace and you saw me." Davina recounted. "Afterwards, Fiore helped us. She brought me back to talk to you."

"None of this is making any sense." Kol said in confusion.

"Maybe this'll make it clearer." She placed her hand on Kol's forehead and his memories were returned to him.

"I've missed you, Davina Claire."

"I've missed you too." She told him. "I heard you've been living it up in France, what's that like?"

"It's nice." He told her. "It doesn't feel as dangerous."

"Considering two vampires just popped up, I doubt the locals would agree." Davina said with a wry laugh. "I wish I could leave here."

"I was thinking Davina, maybe you can." Kol told her.

"No Kol, I'm bound to this land." She told me.

"But you have a spirit now." Kol told her. "Maybe we can't put you back into your own body, but we can put you into someone else's."

"No, I can't." Davina told him. "I couldn't do that to someone."

"I understand." Kol said dejectedly. "I'm sorry for suggesting it."

"Don't be." She said as she gently caressed her face. "I'll never forget you Kol."

"Nor me." Kol replied. "You can break the circle now, Fi."

She came back and nodded but before she could do it, Davina stopped her. "Actually, Kol, could you give Fiore and I a moment?"

He nodded in response and left the two alone and Davina looked back at her sadly, tears forming in her bright blue eyes.

"You need to make him forget." Davina told her.

"Davina—"

"Please." She begged. "I don't want him to remember me like this."

"He'll find out that you're back." Fiore told her. "What then?"