Chapter 51: 100%

~Klaus POV~

"Impossible!" Klaus exclaimed. "Those acolytes that attacked you Vincent work of their own accord! Fiore killed her! I saw the corpse myself!"

"Her body is dead Klaus, but that's not enough!" Vincent fired back.

"What are you saying?" Elijah asked.

"I'm saying that by now The Ancestors should've had enough power to imprison her spirit. But that didn't happen!" Vincent explained. "That means she must have had a plan B."

"Perhaps she had assistance." Klaus posited. "Tell me, where you a part of it?"

"Aw c'mon man!"

"Alright back off, I trust Vincent." Marcel told them.

"Look, I don't care if any of you trust me to be honest because unlike all of you, I have been doing something!" Vincent snapped. "Odessa is out there risking her life right now! I have been spending the last couple of days tryna figure out a way to lock The Hollow up for good."

"And do you have any answers?" Elijah inquired.

"Yes...and no." Vincent answered. "I used the book to put myself in a trance."

"Which book are you talking about?" Elijah asked.

"The book he found." Marcel explained. "It contains the secrets to The Hollow's magic, written in his handwriting."

"Well I'm no defence lawyer, but if I was, I certainly wouldn't go for your case." Klaus said sarcastically.

"While I was in that trance, I met with the spirit of Inadu's mother. Now from her I was tryna get the spell that she used twenty-five hundred years ago to put her daughter down. That was when the Hollow's acolytes showed up and stopped me." Vincent told them.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Get back to work!" Klaus growled.

"The acolytes took the book." Marcel told him.

"My wife has an extensive library full of grimoires, take your pick!"

"I don't need your damn library that book is special!" Vincent snapped. "That book represents an extension of The Hollow's connection to this world, it is just as eternal as she is! And I'm telling you right now, if I tweak that spell in just the right way, I can lock her in that book and put The Hollow down for good."

"So where is it now?" Elijah continued.

"It's still with the acolytes." Vincent said as he went to pick up a few pages. "I used these pages from the book to track it to the place where she was reborn, that's where you'll find 'em."

~Hayley POV~

"Hey kid, where are you?" Hayley asked her son when he picked up the phone.

"I'm busy." He told her nervously. "Mom, you love Elijah, right?"

"Right."

"Even though he's a bad person, because you see good in him." Elliott continued.

"I guess."

"I care about someone. And she can be bad, she has bad plans, but I care about her. Is that—Is that okay?" he asked. "The bad things that she does, do they become my fault?"

"I can't tell you the answer to that." She said quietly.

"Okay." He said with a sigh. "I'll speak to you later, Hayley."

He cut the phone and Hayley watched the city sadly from the comfort of her balcony when Rebekah came and joined her.

"Was that my mysterious nephew on the phone?" Rebekah asked and Hayley nodded in response. "Is he alright? You seem worried."