Chapter 19: Klaus Doesn't Want Her To Know

"All we really know is that the cult wanted to sacrifice children." I explained to Mary whilst Hayley played with Grace. "Somehow Clara was drawn into it and when she tried to escape, it was too late for her. So... she killed herself."

"It doesn't make sense." Mary said, unable to see how this could be a possibility. "Someone recruiting Crescents into a cult? Who would do that?"

"Well I don't know." I told her. "But I do know you need to be on high alert for anything out of the ordinary. In particular, an image of a serpent eating its own tail. Appropriately gruesome."

"Wait, what did you say?" She asked with concern.

"A serpent eating its own tail." I explained. "Sort of like a dragon. Actually, Grace drew quite a few when she was infected. Look." I said as I handed her some of the drawings.

Mary examined this and her eyes grew wide, clouded in horror. She knew that image. And knowing that ghastly thing was probably not a good sign.

"Fiore, there's something you need to see."

~Klaus POV~

"You know your way around, don't you?" Klaus said as he walked through the Quarter, with the Hollow still clinging onto him. "New Orleans native? Were you buried in the vicinity? Someone disturb your grave? Why else would you be such a grumpy dumpy ghost?"

The Hollow, still in the form of Mikael, stopped and turned around to face him with a scowl as he realised Klaus's true intentions.

"You don't really intend to kill Marcel, do you?" The Hollow said to him. "Your father was right. You are a coward. Because of you he's lost everyone he loves, your wife included. And due to your pathetic fear of losing her, you will share the same fate."

"More meaningless threats." Klaus mocked, rolling his eyes at it. "Is that the extent of your power? I remain underwhelmed."

"You really think I don't have power?" The Hollow brought a white oak stake and jammed it into Klaus' chest causing him to cry out in pain only for the stake and the hollow to vanish. "I can make you see and feel whatever I like." It said as it walked out from behind him.

"Oh, do your worst." Klaus said, rolling his eyes once again. "I know the truth. The white oak is gone, Mikael is dead, and you are nothing but a bad dream."

"Maybe I should find a way into your daughter's dreams?" It threatened. "Oh, what fun it will be to be in her head!" Klaus's anger surged and he pushed the thing back forcefully, only for it to appear behind him. "Ruthless, nicely done." He grabbed its neck and snapped it before it appeared in front of him again, this hybrid choosing to tear a large chunk out of its neck. He smirked as it fell to the floor, only for Klaus to be in the presence of three dead bodies. It had tricked him.

"No." He said in shock.

"Imagine if I'd made you kill someone you actually cared about!" The Hollow told him. "Unless I already have." Klaus turned and saw Elliott's dead body, laying on the floor, with blood spilling out of him.

"Elliott! No! No! No! NO!" he cried out at the loss of his son. Only for the illusion to fade away.

"Next time, I'll make you really kill him."

"NO!" He yelled at the tormenting presence.

"Even if you could resist, who would stop Marcel?" The Hollow asked him. "After all I'm having my fun with him too. And I will make him tear through your family in the same way you did these people. That leaves you with one choice—kill Marcel. Or he will kill you and everyone you love."