Chapter 13: A Shot At Fairy-Tale Living

~Klaus POV~

Klaus entered the living room where his wife had fallen asleep, the TV still on in the background. He chuckled as he picked her up and carried her into bed, warmly tucking her under the covers.

"I love you, Blossom." He gave her a chaste kiss on the cheek before going back to sit in front of the fireplace and continuing the examination of his daughter's artwork. However, as he continued to flip through her drawings, he felt a darker tone looming and became concerned about his daughter's drawings.

"Daddy." At his daughter's stricken voice, he whipped around to face her, running to her side and crouching down to her level. "I think something's wrong. I had a dream. About a bad man. There were four other kids and he was hurting them. And I think he hurt me too." She told him as blood began to drip from her nose. "I feel dizzy. And my head hurts."

"FIORE!" He called out for his wife who rushed into the room. She looked at their ailing daughter with terror before steeling herself for their daughter's sake.

"Hey Gracie, tell me what's wrong, baby?" Fiore asked her with concern.

"Mommy, I feel so cold." She said as tears began to fill in her eyes.

"It's okay baby, I know you're sick. Everyone gets sick." Fiore assured her. "Come on, who are we?"

"We're Silvus girls." Grace replied.

"And what do we do?"

"Stay strong."

"That's right, baby." Fiore said as she pulled her into a tight hug. "Nik, get Freya."

~Vincent POV~

Vincent and Marcel examined the four children that had been taken captive by the evil presence Vincent had brought into New Orleans way back when.

"That witch, he used personal objects, totems, to bind the kids." Vincent said as he looked over their belongings. "I know this spell. I can reverse it."

He walked over to the four children, chanting the reversal spell until the four of them were able to get up.

"Vincent?" Adam said as he got up and looked at him in confusion.

"Yeah man." Vincent replied with relief as he brought him into a hug. "Yeah man, you're okay."

Marcel helped the four children up onto their feet when Vincent noticed something strange in front of them.

"What is it?" Marcel asked.

"We got five totems, but only four kids." Vincent answered.

"Okay then who's the other one?" Marcel asked. He went to pick up the personal effects only to see something vaguely familiar. A hairbrush. A hairbrush with the Mikaelson M on it. Grace.

**********************************************************************************

"Paramedics took the kids to the hospital; NOLA PD will notify the parents." Marcel told Vincent as he re-entered the Davilla Estate. "Looks like you're a hero, Vincent."

"Adam coulda died. All those kids coulda died." Vincent said sombrely. "And let me tell you something, if Grace Mikaelson is linked to that spell then she's gonna die. We gotta get her back here. We need to cast a cleansing spell on New Orleans soil."

"I just got rid of them!"

"Then get 'em back Marcel! 'Cuz she's a kid." Vincent snapped. "And she's practically your sister."

~Fiore POV~

"Has she been sick before?" Freya asked me as she checked over Grace.

"No, she hasn't. Not ever. Not once." I said as I held my daughter tightly in my arms. "It's a magical affliction, definitely. And the only way I know how to explain it... is that it feels cold."

"Am I gonna die mommy?" She asked me.

"No baby, everyone gets sick, everybody does." I said as I kissed the top of her forehead. "I get colds all the time."

"Do you promise?" She asked me.

"I promise."

And as I made a vow to my daughter that I would hold true no matter what, I received a letter, stuck in my pocket.

"What was that?" Freya asked worriedly.

"It's from Vincent Griffith." I told them as I read the letter. "He knows what's wrong with Grace, he can cure her. But we have to go back to New Orleans."

~Vincent POV~

"Alright fine." Marcel said reluctantly. "You meet 'em, you help them. Be discreet, I don't want anyone knowing I let them back into the city."

"You have my word, Marcel." Odessa said as she joined them to their surprise. "Oh, I'm sorry, was I not supposed to know about this?"

"Odessa—"

"No, it's fine." Marcel interrupted. "We don't have time to argue. You just follow along with the rules and we ain't gon' have any problems, alright?"

"Mums the word." She said, motioning zipping her mouth shut.

"Why Grace?" Marcel asked hesitantly. "Why her? I mean why choose a kid that's probably a thousand miles away?"

"Cuz she's a special kid." Odessa answered. "She's from the two most powerful bloodlines in all existence. For all we know, she's an Enigma too, just like her mother."

"Not to mention, she was born in the quarter." Vincent added. "I mean, a sacrifice like that—somebody's gonna be rewarded."

"Alright, don't let anything happen to her." Marcel told them.

"Vincent, I got a question." Odessa said, stopping the witch as he went to leave. "You said you got into this sacrificial business for the sake of your unborn child, right? Well what happened it?"

"Yeah, I was curious too." Marcel continued.

The witch hesitated at first, unsure whether he would be able to revisit what was the darkest part of his life. Knowing that it would help them in the long run, he took a deep breath, before finally revealing the truth of his dark past.

"When I found out that Eva was taking all those kids, I knew that I had to do something about it." He began. "She was too far gone to answer any questions, so I got some healers in. We tried to cleanse her—I used every single drip of power that I had, but she wasn't possessed by any demons. She had become her demons. So, I don't know. I don't know what happened to our baby. I don't know if it was the sacrificial magic, I don't know if it was my attempts to save her. But it doesn't matter because either way it's my fault."

"Vincent—" Odessa began but he waved his hand through the air dismissively.

"I'll see you around."

~Klaus POV~

"You don't need to come." Klaus told his older brother.

"You spent half a decade as Marcel's prisoner, you need to stay with Grace." Elijah told him.

"And you've just gotten Hayley back, she will be distraught if something were to happen to you." Klaus replied.

"If this is indeed a trap, if Marcel is hellbent on killing on us—your daughter needs a father." Elijah retorted.

"I'm coming." Hayley said as she walked out of her room.

"I will not hear any fighting." Fiore snapped. "My daughter needs me. And frankly, I don't need any of you. For five years, I did this on my own and if it means I have to continue doing it on my own then fine! But the only way anyone is coming with me is if you all get it into your heads that we are on the same team. We're a family, for goodness sake. A family that after an entire millennium finally has a shot at fairy-tale living with happy endings for all. We stick together."

A/N: I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, comment and follow if you did! Love you as always! X