Chapter 2: Silvus Girls

~Klaus POV~

Klaus sat in his underground prison and tensed up at the sound of footsteps. Marcel came towards him and for the most minuscule of seconds, Klaus felt his heart spur with happiness only for his mood to dim as he saw the scowl on Marcel's face.

"Here to taunt me, Marcellus?" Klaus asked him.

"No. I came to have a nice, civilized conversation. I think we're overdue." Klaus rolled his eyes and scoffed at him, ensuring Marcel could see how unamused he was. "Not much to say? And here I thought you'd enjoy the company." Marcel added with a fake smile.

"I think I'd enjoy you rotting in hell a lot more." Klaus grumbled.

"Hey, there are two ways this will go." Marcel said as he showed him Tunde's blade and a vial of blood. "The nice, easy way or the other way. You know, once I figured you suffered enough, I pulled this out. And on that day, you said a word that I've never heard you say. Mercy."

"And yet you haven't just killed me. Why?"

"Because I am not like you." Marcel shot back. "I'm stronger than you. My life is no longer linked to you, and the city that you like to say you built... it's mine."

"So you want my approval? Is that it?" Klaus said as he rolled his eyes at the ever-predictable boy.

"I came for a little information. See, an old friend of yours just arrived into town. Alistair Duquesne. Word is might even cause me some trouble. Now, I could kill him. But who knows what kind of war that might start? I would rather convince him to get into line. You're gonna tell me how. So, how do you want this to go?" Klaus weighed his options before diving for Marcel's right hand and downing the vial of blood.

"Pride was always Alistair's weakness. Even before I turned him he was a vain aristocrat, throwing feasts in his own honour. Just show him more of the same. You'll find him quite malleable."

~Fiore POV~

"Mommy, do you have to go?" Grace asked as we all stood outside the house, excluding Hayley who had stayed in her room, filled with nerves. I had prepared to leave to find the last Malraux wolf, and put this whole thing to bed once and for all.

"Yes baby, I do." She started to cry and I crouched down in front of her and pouted. "Hey, hey no tears for me, mm? What are we?"

"We're Silvus girls."

"And what do Silvus girls do?"

"Stay strong." She replied as she wiped away her tears and smiled at me.

"That's my girl." I gave her a high five and she smiled even wider.

"I'll miss you mommy."

"I'll miss you too baby. But don't worry, I'll be back at the speed of light. And I promise I won't be alone." I told her.

"You have to call every night before bed, okay?"

"Okay." I answered with a smile. "But that means you listen to your grandmother and your big brother the whole time."

"The whole time?" She whined. "Elliott hogs the TV!"

"I do not!" He retorted.

"Do too!" I rolled my eyes at the two and turned to Mary.

"Good luck with these two lovie." I said with a chuckle before turning back to Grace.

"Bye Mommy." She drew a heart in the air and blew a kiss through it and I did the same before giving her a final hug.