Chapter 48: Gone

~Klaus POV~

"Well, isn't it ironic?" Klaus said as he sauntered into the derelict house where Rebekah and Marcel were trapped. "Two of the world's most powerful beings trapped in a butterfly net. Tell me you weren't outsmarted by some brain-dead witch?"

"No our biggest mistake was trusting Kol for one second of his life." Marcel retorted.

"What?" Klaus asked in disbelief, turning to his sister for anything but confirmation of Marcel's claims.

"Kol is protecting The Hollow." Rebekah said, with devastation seeping from her eyes. "Who knows why, or what she offered him?"

"I don't care what she offered him! Where is he?" Klaus growled.

Rebekah opened the map that Freya had spelled for her and let out a slight gasp before looking back up at her brother.

"He's in the compound."

Klaus didn't even utter another sound before speeding away to the compound and thinking of which way he would punish his brother first.

~Fiore POV~

"So Nik, I know it seems like I'm slightly stuck on The Hollow but, out of curiosity, how did we defeat her?" I inquired as we drove back home.

"We didn't." He answered, his grip tightening the steering wheel. "She chased us out of New Orleans and now we live in the sunshine state. Eventually she died on her own."

"Nice try, you stupid witch but my husband would never live in a state that has a Disney Land in it." I took the steering wheel and swerved so that we were thrown into the lake.

I immediately woke up and I felt my breath labour as I sat up in the chair I was strapped into. I ripped my bonds off and headed for the door, but it refused to budge. I used magical means and physical strength but the door remained still.

"You're wasting your energy." I turned and there The Hollow stood, disguised still as my husband.

"You certainly are smart; I'll give you that." I told her with a smirk. "But if you wanted to hurt me, then you would have already."

"You still cannot comprehend." He said as he picked up a knife. "I am more powerful than your tiny little mind can even begin to understand."

He lobbed the knife inside my stomach, speeding up to wrench it further in as I groaned in pain from the wound.

~Grace POV~

"So if I untie this knot for you, your girlfriend Davina, who is now resurrected, will be free from The Hollow?" Grace repeated to her Uncle Kol.

"I hope so." He answered.

"And you really love her?"

"Yes." Kol said as he crouched down in front of her. "Like how your dad loves your mum."

"And how you used to love my mom, right?" Grace continued.

"How did you know that?" Kol asked in surprise.

"Technically I didn't until you just told me." Grace said smugly. "I was bluffing. You said you watched Guys and Dolls with her even though you clearly didn't enjoy it. You do that for people you love, even if it was a million zillion years ago, once you love somebody, you never stop."

"You are miraculously well-adjusted." He said with a small chuckle as she went back to fixing the spell.

~Fiore POV~

I kicked him backwards and pulled the knife out of my stomach, throwing it to the ground and glaring as he got back up.

"Look, Little Miss Murderino." I growled. "If you were expecting me to back down because you used my husband against me then you should have thought up a better plan."