Damon

Derek and Stiles walked into the bar hand in hand.

"Let me do the talking," Derek said, giving Stiles' hand a squeeze as they neared the table where his brother's were still gather around.

"Derek, Stiles," Peter raised a glass, "Glad you came back."

"Sorry about that," Derek glanced at Stiles whose eyes scanned the large room, as if expecting Theo to still be there.

"Are you okay?" Damon asked with a frown, his eyes on Stiles.

Stiles only nodded.

"He didn't follow you, did he?" Dominic asked then, an equally concerned look on his face.

Stiles shook his head this time.

"What happened?" Benjamin asked scooting over so that Derek and Stiles could join them.

"That was Theo, Stiles' ex," Derek answered as he sat down, gently pulling Stiles along with him.

"He had a wedding ring on," Peter noted before reaching over and grabbing Stiles' left hand to see there was no ring.

"I'm not secretly married," Stiles knew what Peter was thinking.

"I assumed not. But I had to check," Peter gave a wink.

"What did he want?" Dominic asked next.

"To get back together," Stiles answered, his eyes dropping slightly.

"Umm, so is he married or..." Peter raised a curious brow.

Stiles bit down on his lower lip.

"He was Stiles' fiancé before," Derek offered gently, his hand rubbing along Stiles' back.

"If he's the one with the ring, then you proposed?" Dominic asked.

Stiles nodded once again.

"So who called it off?"

"He did," Stiles answered quietly. He really didn't want to be talking about Theo anymore.

"And yet he's wanting to get back together after all this time?" Elijah spoke up next.

Stiles glanced at Derek who gave him a pleading look.

"He left me for someone, and they recently broke up. He thought I would take him back," Stiles explained. That look said he didn't want his family to know their relationship hadn't been real.

"Why'd you leave?" Damon asked Derek accusingly.

"I didn't know Stiles had been engaged. I'd never met Theo. He claimed to still be Stiles' fiancé and I thought Stiles had lied to me," Derek gave Stiles an apologetic look.

"You should have let Stiles explain," Benjamin smiled sympathetically at Derek.

"I know, it's just..." Derek smiled fondly at Stiles now. "He was so great; it was too good to be true. I thought this was the catch. I was wrong."

"Maybe you just finally found a good one," Dominic shrugged.

"I definitely did," Derek leaned forward, pressing a kiss to Stiles' temple.

Stiles blushed heavily. Knowing that Derek actually liked him made all his sweet remarks and kisses so much better. He didn't have to remind himself that it was fake because even if they were still keeping up appearances for his family, they were together now.

"I just wonder why Stiles didn't tell you he was engaged," Elijah spoke before taking a sip of his drink.

"We discussed that, he has his reasons and I'm fine with it."