Laura and Lena

Stiles gathered up his papers and tucked them into his briefcase as Derek answered the door.

"Uncle Derek," The kids chorused barreling into Derek's legs with big hugs.

"Hey guys," Derek smiled down at the four kids.

"Are we gonna have grilled cheese?" Andrea asked with big hopeful blue eyes.

"We definitely are," Derek answered, ruffling her hair.

"It was all they could talk about on the way here was 'uncle Derek's grilled cheese'." Laura laughed, as she hugged her brother.

"I hope that's alright with you two," Derek hugged Lena next.

"I'm sure we'll survive," She winked.

"When mom said you wanted to have us over for dinner, I was honestly a little surprised. You typically only have Dominic and Benjamin over," Laura gave a non-accusing smile.

Derek frowned. He hadn't invited them.

"Oh," Laura nodded in understanding then. "Right, this was mother's way of sending me to check on you. Of course."

Stiles noted the disappointment in her tone.

"I'm sure this has something to do with lunch," Derek's jaw was clenched as he spoke.

"Sending the lawyer siblings to scare the new boyfriend away from your trust fund. How very Talia," Lena shook her head, sending a smile to where Stiles stood awkwardly in the living room.

The kids had rushed off to pet Cathedral who was sprawled in the kitchen floor.

"Well, thank you for having us anyway," Laura smiled almost sadly at her brother before turning her attention to Stiles. "Try not to let our mother get to you, she's..."

"It's fine. I can handle it," Stiles shrugged. Laura was one of the easier siblings apparently, so hopefully tonight would go better.

"Are you gonna play with us?" Desi asked, walking up to Stiles now.

"What are we gonna play?" Stiles knelt in front of her with a smile.

"They like to play twister, but I like tic tac toe," Desi answered shyly.

"How about we let them play twister, and you and I can play tic tac toe? How's that sound?"

With no warning Desi wrapped her tiny arms around Stiles' neck and squeezed.

"Oh," Stiles hugged back gently with one arm.

Desi ran off then to Derek. "You're right, he's the nicest. Can you keep him?"

The grin Derek had been wearing faltered for just a second. "I'm gonna try." He winked.

Stiles could see the discomfort at lying to Desi. It made Stiles feel bad. Derek cared about his nieces and nephews.

"When's dinner?" Andrew chimed in then, pulling Derek's attention.

"It'll be ready in just a few. Why don't you guys go put your stuff away and I'll finish up."

Stiles' phone rang loudly then. "Oh, it's Lydia, I really have to take this."

"Hey Lyds, I'll meet you in the morning with the lesson plan. It's almost done," Stiles answered.

"I was actually calling because Theo called."

Stiles paled.

"He said he's been trying to contact you, but you aren't answering." Her tone was sympathetic as she spoke.