Theo

Derek sat at the edge of the long open booth next to Dominic.

"So this is where you work?" Elijah asked, looking around the bar they had met at.

"No, I'm not going to go to the bar I work at to hang out," Derek rolled his eyes. He'd picked a bar close to the apartments. It was a nice bar. More elegant than most around. It was more of a night club than a bar. It had luxury seating and tasteful music that didn't make you down half a bottle of ibuprofen afterwards.

"Ashamed of us?" Isaac joked lightly, a smirk on his lips.

"To put it lightly," Derek responded with a smile of his own. Isaac wasn't so bad. He tried to fit in with the snide remarks but ultimately failed. Much like Benjamin.

"It's the man of the hour," Peter spoke, his attention on an approaching figure.

Derek looked up to see Stiles. His smile widened at the sight of the younger man.

"Hey, babe, so sorry I'm late," Stiles reached down and pressed his lips to Derek's briefly. "I had to reschedule a conference call that I had forgotten about."

"You rescheduled a conference call to be here?" Dominic asked with a raised brow.

"Of course, I told Derek I'd come," Stiles shrugged as he took his seat.

Derek blinked at Stiles with a look of awe. He'd never had someone who would alter their schedule for him.

"Anyway, I'm so sorry I'm late," Stiles gave a sheepish look.

"You're not late, we only got here ten minutes ago," Benjamin waved a dismissive hand.

"Let's get you a drink," Derek waved a waitress over.

Stiles ordered his drink and turned his attention back to Derek, "How was the park with the kids?"

Derek's heart leapt. Stiles seemed genuinely interested in knowing and that meant more to Derek than Stiles would ever know.

"Great, they missed you."

"I'm so sorry I had to miss it," Stiles gave a disappointed frown.

"Stiles, you are Desi's new favorite person," Benjamin piped in then.

"I am?"

"She told us all about playing tic tac toe and making her lucky charms. She said you're her new best friend," Dominic had a smile on his face that didn't quite reach his eyes.

Stiles frowned slightly. "She struggle with trusting people a lot?"

Dominic only nodded, his eyes dropping to his glass.

"She came from a rough situation and we've been working with her, but she gets picked on a lot for being adopted and having two dad's. It's hard on all of us," Benjamin spoke up next, his hand sliding along Dominic's back.

"You've made a breakthrough with her. It took her a long time to warm up to the family but you... She calls you uncle Stiles now," Dominic gave Stiles a genuine smile that made his stomach knot.

"She's a sweetheart," Stiles smiled. He hadn't ever been around kids as much as he had the past few days and honestly it made him want one or two of his own. That morning, eating lucky charms and coloring with the kids made him forget all of his problems, just for a little while.

"You're amazing, you know that?" Derek's arm slid around Stiles' waist, earning a slight blush.

"Derek, I think you made a good choice," Damon spoke up then.

Stiles raised a brow. Damon had barely said a full sentence since they'd met.

"Thanks Damon," Derek looked a bit taken aback as well.