Observation skills

Stiles put on a fake smile as Laura led the pair to a table full of adults. He was sure he could handle Derek's siblings since he handled his parents, but the amount of people at the overly large glass table was unsettling. For starters Stiles noticed the gap between pairs, as if they didn't want to sit next to each other.

"Derek, Stiles, hey!" Benjamin grinned widely at the pair, a young girl sat on his lap. Stiles relaxed slightly at the warm welcome, at least Benjamin was nice. He wandered not for the first time how Dominic landed him.

"Uncle Derek," The young girl leapt off Benjamin's lap and rushed Derek, who scooped her up instantly. The large smile on his face told Stiles how happy he was to see her.

"Hey, sweetie, how are you?" Derek asked, pressing a kiss to her temple.

"Who's that?" She pointed shyly at Stiles.

"This is my boyfriend, Stiles."

"Is he nice?" She asked, her chocolate brown eyes watching Stiles nervously.

"The nicest," Derek assured her.

"Okay," She smiled at Stiles then, giving him a small wave.

Stiles returned it. He wasn't around kids much, but his co-worker Caitlin had a little girl she often brought to the work picnics and such.

"So this is the him?" A female asked, her hazel eyes raking over Stiles just as the other's had.

"Yes. Stiles, this is Hayley and her husband Elijah," Derek pointed to the woman who was eyeing Stiles and the man next to her.

"What'd mom say?" Hayley smirked, turning her eyes to Derek.

"Nothing," Derek growled, but this only made Hayley's smile widen.

"Well, he certainly has taste," Hayley pursed her lips as her eyes landed once again on the outfit Stiles was wearing.

"Excuse her, she's not a fan of plaid. And I do believe your shirt is a touch too big. I would recommend my tailor but...well, I'm afraid he's a bit out of your range," Elijah stuck his hand out to Stiles.

Stiles took it politely, "Yeah, L.A. is a bit far."

"Mmmm, that too," Elijah hummed.

Derek's jaw clenched but Stiles remained unfazed.

"Anyway, this is my oldest brother, Damon and his wife Alexandria," Derek turned to the next pair at the table.

Stiles couldn't help but notice the distance between their chairs that wasn't present in the other couples at the table.

Damon only nodded but Alexandria stuck her hand out, "Call me Dria."

"Nice to meet you," Stiles noticed the roll of Damon's eyes, but he remained silent.

Derek turned to the last couple at the table.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me you had someone to share the wine with," Cora scolded Derek.

"It was delicious wine by the way," Stiles smiled at her.

"We brewed in in our winery. It's our best seller," Cora held her head up as if proving she was better than everyone.

"We're glad you liked it," Isaac stuck a hand out to Stiles.

"And then-"

"We have Lena, my amazing wife," Laura cut in, pressing a kiss to the green eyed brunette at the end of the table typing furiously on her phone.

"Huh?" Lena glanced up in confusion before seeing Derek and Stiles. "Oh, Derek, this must be Stiles. Nice to officially meet you. You're..." She trailed off her eyes sliding down Stiles. "Actually quite cute."