IV.X

Setting: Kris Jenner's Palm Springs House, Palm Springs, CA

The sun shining in her eyes was what made Demi curl further into herself, silently wishing for a few more hours of sleep although she felt more well rested than she had in her entire life

The sun shining in her eyes was what made Demi curl further into herself, silently wishing for a few more hours of sleep although she felt more well rested than she had in her entire life. Last year on her birthday, she hadn't done much to celebrate, but this year, Trey had decided to utilize Kris's Palm Springs mansion - ahem, resort - for a relaxing weekend. He had arranged an in home spa service, a luxury shopping trip, a personal chef, and some time for the two of them to reconnect. They had been so busy with their family that they really hadn't that much time for each other. It wasn't taking a hit on their relationship, but they both knew how important that alone time was, so Trey had decided to whisk her away for her birthday weekend. The kids and everyone else would be joining them on Sunday after Sunday Service so that they could celebrate with her too.

Opening her eyes again, Demi rolled over and released a deep breath, but furrowed her eyebrows as her fingers brushed against something soft on the bed. She sat up, and the bed was completely covered in pastel pink flower petals. Trey knew that was her favorite color at the moment. There were petals everywhere, and then a bouquet of pink roses on the nightstand with a card sticking out of them, so Demi reached over and grabbed it, smiling at Trey's neat handwriting.

My angel,

Happy birthday. I want this day to be unforgettable. I love you. You mean the world to me. Here's to getting ready to celebrate another year of life for you, and so many more to come.

Love you forever.
Trey

Trey was so romantic when he wanted to be. This was the kind of stuff that gave her butterflies, and she silently squealed as she stood up and stretched out her sore limbs. She went into the bathroom to get ready, silently wondering where Trey was but she didn't spend too much time on those thoughts because it's not like he could've gone that far. Maybe he went to pick up their breakfast. They had dismissed the chef last night after things got a little hot and heavy after dinner. To avoid scarring the poor man, Demi had told him to come back today in time to cook dinner and that they would handle the other meals themselves.

After showering and getting dressed, she was surprised when she still didn't see Trey. She grabbed her phone so that she could call and check on the kids, but when she dialed Kim's phone number, she was surprised to hear that standard iPhone ringtone coming from downstairs. Demi didn't hang up. Instead she quietly padded down the stairs, narrowing her eyes as she made it to the open first floor and saw her family sitting there. She ended the call and stuffed her phone into the pocket of leggings.

"Uh...hello?" Demi greeted as her sisters stared back at her like she had three heads.

"Oh, hi, Demi. Good morning. Did you sleep well last night?" Kris asked, which further confused Demi because as far as she knew it was Saturday and she wasn't supposed to see them until tomorrow.