IV.III

Setting: Kourtney's House, Calabasas, CA

"DEMMMIIIIIII!"

Everytime her and Kylie saw each other, it was like they hadn't seen each other in weeks although that was never the case. They spent at least every other day together and were in constant communication, but it did make Demi feel so loved every time Kylie freaked out when she saw her. That's why she was her favorite sister.

"KY!" Demi screamed with just as much excitement until they met in the middle of Kourtney's foyer, both of them falling to the ground as they hugged each other.

"Oh my gosh, I missed you SO much!" Kylie squeaked as Kim walked into the foyer and took a video of the two of them.

"You guys LITERALLY just saw each other at mom's house the other day," Kim chuckled, taking a picture as well before putting her phone away.

"Where's Stormi? Where is everybody?" Demi asked once they stood up and brushed themselves off.

"The kids are outside but we're all in the kitchen listening to Kourtney talk about her trip with Scott and Sofia," Kim answered, leading them into the open kitchen where Khloe, Kendall, and Kourtney were sitting. Demi eyed the cameras, momentarily regretting coming over but they all hadn't been together in so long that she sucked it up and hugged her sisters before taking a seat.

"So, yeah, it wasn't weird or anything. I think it's actually getting easier for all three of us to travel together," Kourtney finished off, picking at the ends of her hair as Demi raised her eyebrows in faux interest.

She couldn't really judge their weird coparenting situation because she was doing something even crazier with Trey. Speaking of, Kris was supposed to be speaking with her realtor about a few properties in the area. Demi loved her little condo but she felt like she was wasting a lot of money - $60k a month - staying there when she could put that money into a house. Trey didn't even have to live there full time and they didn't have to share a bedroom either. They just needed to make it look realistic enough for a home study.

"Demi, how was tour? We missed you so much, I'm glad you're back in town with us," Khloe pouted as Demi put her phone down.

"It was great. I'm actually not as exhausted as I thought I would be."

"Well, clearly you're not with the way you've been hanging out with Trey. What's going on? You never responded to our messages," Kim prodded as Demi rolled her eyes towards the ceiling. By the time this aired, everything with the adoption would most likely be finalized but that didn't mean that she was suddenly okay with talking about her private life on camera.

"We're just trying to make things work," Demi shrugged, because that was the easiest way that she could answer that.

Making things work meant not being around each other too much and tip toeing around the issues that had previously plagued their relationship. Their psychological evaluation was scheduled for tomorrow and Demi was more than a little bit nervous for it. She wanted to work through their problems but she also didn't want their problems to hinder what she was trying to accomplish here.