II.VII

Setting: Demi's Studio, Beverly Hills, CA

One of the best decisions that she had ever made had to be turning half of the basement into her personal recording studio so that when she got the sudden urge to record a song at four in the morning, she didn't have to leave the house

One of the best decisions that she had ever made had to be turning half of the basement into her personal recording studio so that when she got the sudden urge to record a song at four in the morning, she didn't have to leave the house. With all of this Trey drama going on, it felt good to focus on the one thing in her life that was always consistent: her music. She had been writing for a while but she hadn't released anything since last summer, and with the Grammy deadline in September, she really wanted to get an album out...preferably before the wedding - whenever that was happening. Anyway, after her morning run and workout she had invited her music team over to listen to the final cut of her latest project "Proof" and so far everyone was jamming along in approval.

"Now this is different. I think out of the ten songs we have right now, this should definitely be the single," Oak said as Demi nodded along in agreement.

"I know like we literally just started working on this a few months ago. But you're so fast. I was being so annoying and meticulate...meticulous?" Demi ended in a question as her manager Sarah laughed at her antics.

"Meticulous," Andy, one of the sound techs corrected her as Demi shrugged.

"Homeschooled," she reminded them, causing everyone in the room to laugh as she finished confirming her lunch plans with her sisters via text message.

"So for the album you still want the A side with your original songs on there, then the B side with the covers?" Sarah asked as Demi nodded her head.

"We just have to confirm the release date with Jay for the single but I'd like to get some type of visual done before we release it," Sarah planned, but Demi zoned out when she heard the alarm go off upstairs.

The alarm system that they had meant that it beeped everytime someone entered or exited the house. Even though they were all the way downstairs, she could still hear it, and unless it was Kris coming over to bring her breakfast or something, Demi couldn't think of anyone else who would just be walking into her house.

"Give me a sec, I'll be right back," Demi said before standing up to go upstairs.

She took the back staircase that went directly into the kitchen and released an annoyed huff when she made it in there and saw Trey setting a bouquet of red rose from Venus et Fleur and brunch from her favorite spot on Rodeo on the counter. She had kicked him out last weekend and he had made it a habit to text her every night with an "I love you" and "I'm sorry" message. She just wasn't 100% convinced that he was even truly aware of what he was apologizing for.

"Why are you in my house, Aldon?" Demi demanded to know as Trey "ooed" a little bit.

"Wow, now you're calling me by middle name? Sexy," he chuckled as Demi folded her arms over her chest and gave him an unimpressed look.