III.III

Setting: Kylie's House, Calabasas, CA

Now that she was packing what had consisted of her life post treatment, Demi realized just how much stuff she had

Now that she was packing what had consisted of her life post treatment, Demi realized just how much stuff she had. While she was in treatment, Kris had hired movers to finish getting the rest of her things out of the house that she shared with Trey. Since Kris had downsized, Demi didn't want to store her things there so most of it had gone into the second garage at her parents' - her - house until she found a permanent place to live. But since she had gotten out of treatment, she had been living with Kylie. Now that Kylie was pregnant, Demi felt like she had to move, like she couldn't take up space in a home where Kylie was preparing for a baby with her boyfriend. That was a big deal. Although they were sisters, Demi just felt like she was in the way.

"Can you please stop packing?" Kylie pleaded as she entered Demi's room, the second biggest room in the house. By the time she had gotten out of treatment the guest house was empty - thank God she had missed the Tristan/Jordyn saga - but Kylie had let her move into the main house with no problem.

"Kylie, I already signed the lease on my new place. Stop crying," Demi chuckled as she folded another Balenciaga sweater and placed it in her suitcase.

"I told you that you don't have to move out but you still insist on leaving me. Why would you even want to move? I cook for you every single day, we have sleepovers on Fridays...like what are you going to do when the Handmaid's Tale starts again? Run over here in your pajamas? Wouldn't you just already want to be here?" Kylie argued as Demi continued to pack her things. She was almost finished and to make Kylie happy, she was spending one last night there before moving in tomorrow.

"My new place is not even that far. Kylie, you're pregnant. You're about to have a baby. Come on now, do you really want me here? This is a chance for you and Travis to start your family together and I don't want to be in the way," Demi said as Kylie released a low whine and dramatically flopped down on the bed.

"Travis is barely here. He's always recording. And even when the baby comes, it's not like we're actually going to live together. I just don't want you to go. I'm gonna be so lonely here..." Kylie trailed off, and Demi knew what she meant.

It's not like Kylie didn't have other best friends - she did have five other sisters after all - but Jordyn had been her best friend. They did everything together. Now Jordyn was out of her life, and Demi had kind of been filling that gap for her, but now she was leaving too. She felt terrible, but she couldn't be shacking up at Kylie's forever. Also, she was literally going to be a fifteen minute drive away. Kylie may not realize it, but with a newborn, she would definitely want her space.

Demi stopped packing and closed her suitcase before laying next to Kylie on the king sized bed. The first night that she had come home from treatment, Kim, Kourtney, Kendall, and Khloe had come over, and they had all squeezed onto the bed together while watching "Clueless" and eating burgers from In'N'Out, trying to catch Demi up on everything that she had missed.