II.I

Setting: 1175 N Hillcrest Rd, Beverly Hills, CA

"God, I should not have worn these shoes," Demi stressed, wincing as the Louboutin shoes with the pointed toes that she had ordered online clicked against the black marble floors of one of the many houses that their realtor had chosen for them to ...

"God, I should not have worn these shoes," Demi stressed, wincing as the Louboutin shoes with the pointed toes that she had ordered online clicked against the black marble floors of one of the many houses that their realtor had chosen for them to view.

After basically hibernating for a month, Demi and Trey had finally accepted that they had to get back to work, and one of the things that Demi really wanted to do was find a house and move in before Trey went back on tour in March. His label had decided that they would reschedule the European tour, this time with Chris Brown joining him since they had just released yet another song together, so she really only had a month for them to find a house and move in in the midst of rehearsals and other things.

Although Demi liked the house in Calabasas that was only minutes away from the rest of her family, Trey had hinted at wanting to find something different so they were looking around Hidden Hills and Beverly Hills for a house, just something private and secluded where it would be hard for people to find them and bother them. So, that's what they had dragged themselves out of bed for. Demi wasn't kidding when she said that they had literally been in hibernation, barely picking their phones up and opting to order food through Postmates - they were basically keeping that business alive at this point - and just being with each other without the interference of the rest of the world.

"I told you that this morning," Trey teased as they looked around the kitchen, watching Demi rest her hand on the granite countertop to give her feet a break as she kicked the heels off and released a breathy moan of relief.

"Can we please stop somewhere before the next house so that I can grab another pair? I don't even like this house," Demi mumbled the last part as she looked around.

The modern architecture was cool, the pool was fabulous, and there were enough bathrooms for every single person in her entire family - de la Garza's included - to have their own bathrooms but it didn't feel like a home. It felt like a bachelor pad. It felt like a museum. Her and Trey had completely opposite interior design styles, with Trey being more modern and liking darker color palettes while she liked something that was a little bit more classic with an open floor plan and warm colors. She didn't know how successful they would be with finding a place that combined those two styles and satisfied both of their needs.

"Yeah, we can go," Trey said, signaling to his realtor Marsha that they were ready to move on to the next house.

Trey intertwined their fingers after Demi knelt down to pick her shoes up, him leading the way outside but before they went outside, he swept her into his arms so she wouldn't have to walk on the driveway with bare feet.

"My hero," she giggled, pecking his cheek then rubbing her thumb across the spot that she kissed to get rid of the Fenty Beauty gloss that had been left behind. He softly dropped her in the passenger seat of the car that she had gotten him for his birthday before getting in himself and taking off.