IV.V

Setting: Trey's House, Calabasas, CA

Demi was trying her best not to eavesdrop, trying to remember her place and that her and Trey weren't REALLY together but actually just in this very weird coparenting situation

Demi was trying her best not to eavesdrop, trying to remember her place and that her and Trey weren't REALLY together but actually just in this very weird coparenting situation. And since they weren't REALLY together whatever drama he had going on with Jasmine wasn't REALLY her business, but listening to their conversation was really starting to get on her nerves. Trey was right about Jasmine dropping in and out at her convenience. Demi hadn't even been around that long and this was the third time that Jasmine couldn't keep Noah when she had already agreed to because of "work." If the rumors were true about her being a porn star, Demi wasn't going to judge but...she was definitely judging her. Trey may not have a very active career but he was still loaded. Demi was sure that he had no qualms about paying child support or anything like that, but Jasmine wasn't even trying to take advantage of that. She didn't want money, but it's like she didn't want to be a mother either.

"Jasmine, you know I'm taking this trip out of the country in a few weeks. You can't just keep dropping him off whenever you don't feel like having him. I'm not trying to go to court over this shit," Trey said in an exasperated tone. Demi knew he had no problem taking care of Noah even when he wasn't supposed to, it was just the way that Jasmine was handling this whole thing that was irritating him.

"Whatever, Trey. I really don't care," Jasmine replied in an equally irritated tone. Demi couldn't stop herself from leaving the living room and entering the foyer where Trey was holding Noah and Jasmine was trying to leave.

"I've had just about enough of this so expect to hear from our lawyers about a custody agreement," Demi cut in, causing Trey to release a light groan but he couldn't even be mad because Demi had warned him that next time Jasmine pulled this shit she would say something, and she wouldn't be nice about it.

"Bitch, this has nothing to do with you!" Jasmine exclaimed as Demi stepped a little closer to her.

"You're a mother. You can have whatever little side hustle you have going on but being a mother should be your first priority and you've made it clear that it isn't. You're right. This doesn't have anything to do with me but it has everything to do with Noah and what's best for him. So, as I said before, you'll be hearing from our attorneys about a custody arrangement. You should go. You don't want to be late for your job," Demi snarled the last part, pushing Jasmine back a little bit before closing the door. Demi turned to Trey, waiting for him to say something but he just slowly shook his head and made his way to the living room.

"I'm gonna go put him down," Trey said, grabbing Noah's bag before making a beeline for the stairs.

Demi decided to follow him, because she had never actually seen Noah's nursery. It was the room that was closest to Trey's and it was a haven of blue walls and dark wood furniture. Trey always insisted that she only had the best, so she wasn't surprised that he would want the same for his son.