III.VII

Setting: Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA

There was a certain peace she had being on stage in front of a huge audience that she hadn't felt in a while

There was a certain peace she had being on stage in front of a huge audience that she hadn't felt in a while. Performing her own concert was so different from performing on small talk shows for promotion. Being on the stage felt so much more authentic. Although tour was exhausting and Demi was sure that after six months of touring she would be dead inside, the first few shows always gave her an indescribable high, especially when she knew that her friends and family were in the audience. Kim was there with North and her little posse. North had been so excited to see her during meet and greets, gossiping to her little friends about how her Auntie Demi was the best singer in the world. Kylie had come back from being with Travis and his family in Texas just to see her off, and she was even attending a week's worth of shows so that they could spend some much needed time together. Kris, Korey, Khloe, and Scott were there. Even Odell had popped up, which surprised Demi because between being traded to a new team and attending training camps, Odell had been super busy. Other celebrities that Demi didn't talk to as much were there too. You would think she would be nervous performing in front of her peers, but she just blocked them all out. Music truly was her therapy. And she got a therapeutic release every time she performed.

"Okay, I'm going to slow it down a little bit with a cover," Demi said as she sat down on the stool that had been provided and adjusted her mic. She was met with loud cheers, causing her to smile as she looked back at her band. This had been a last-minute decision but after hearing the song for the first time literally hours earlier, she had become obsessed with it and quickly squeezed it into her setlist.

"Relationships can be very toxic and draining...and ending it can be just as difficult. So, here we go..." Demi said, pushing her hair off of her shoulders as the band started to play the beginning of the song.

After the show, Demi was met with congratulations and excitement, everyone gushing about how amazing she was and how she had made them cry her eyes out. She took the water bottle that Max was holding out for her as he escorted her back to her dressing room. She took her in ears out and combed her fingers through her matted waves as she made it to her dressing room. Closing the door and effectively closing herself off from all of the after show chaos, Demi knelt down to unzip her boots, kicking them off before collapsing on the couch on taking a deep breath.

Triggered, the song that she had covered in the encore, was one of the last songs that she had sang, and she was still on an emotional rollercoaster when singing it. She didn't even focus on anyone's reactions or anything else that was going on. She had truly disappeared into the song and felt every single word that she sang.

There was a knock on her door, completely disturbing her peace so Demi muttered a halfhearted "come in" and opened her eyes to see her family coming in with balloons and all of the extra-ness that came with being a Kardashian.