Chapter Five: Deals

Beth:an associate of the gang banger

Me:yeah

Ruby:come on I thought we were done with that

Annie:what the hell

Me:Okay we were and I guess this is what he meant by see you tomorrow

Ruby:You cant just sign someone up for a crime like it's a bake sale

Beth:its not like we dont need the money we all still need the money

Annie chuckled

Ruby:Well call gang friend and get him over here

Beth:yeah he's bleeding all over my daughters bed

I gave them my phone and they went downstairs. I took off the bandage and cleaned up his gunshot wound and rebandaged it. I placed a cold wash cloth on his forehead as he was burning up. I walked downstairs and out back where they all were. Rio was sitting infront of me on the porch he turned and looked up at me smiling.

Ruby:Where were you

Me:Taking care of Eddie

Ruby:Are you kidding me? We need you down here to talk to gang friend

Me:Okay his name is not gang friend it's Rio

Ruby:Oh I'm sorry for miscalling your bestie

Beth:can you take him to your place

Me:what? no

Beth:why not? Your the one who knows him

I walked down the porch steps standing infront of the ladies. 

Me:Cause it's not my problem

Ruby:Oh you made it your problem when you broke that guys arm and pulled a gun on him

Me:a gun you brought! And it was a deal you guys made to pay off a debt you caused!

Annie:Guys okay st-

Beth:Why are you acting like that, like your better than us your a criminal and your dangerous

I was so sick of them calling me a criminal! I pulled out my gun and pointed it at her. The girls gasped and Beth gulped taking a step back.

Me:I wasn't the one dumb enough to rob a grocery store which was clearly a front. The only reason you need me is because I will do what you wont, because you only want to do enough to be on the edge but you won't jump. If you want to play Beth go all in don't  ride the deck, but do not judge me for shit your doing yourself. 

I put the gun down.

Me:I'll help you guys because your my friends but when push comes to shove don't act like I'm a stranger. 

I put my gun back in my waist band it never came off safety. 

Me:He should wake up tomorrow

I walked out of the fence and to my car. I left, I got home and Ella was asleep, Tina left and I showered and changed into pjs. I walked out and saw Rio standing in my living room, I glared at him.

Me:what do you want

I asked as I was exhausted, he came over to me placing his hands on my hips and pulling me close. 

Rio:you seem tense ma, let me help you out

He kissed me and picked me up bringing me to my room. 

The Next Day

I woke up to Ella crying, I got up and walked out of my room I walked into hers and saw a man with a gun. My heart stopped as I saw my daughter crying for me and this man kept the gun pointed at me.

Me:who are you

Man:Doesn't matter let's just say I know your boss and well he hasn't been the nicest to my business so now you have to pay

I saw his finger move to the trigger and I instantly ducked hearing the gun go off and I ran into him like a bull chasing a red cloth. I pushed him into the dresser and I knocked his gun out of his hand and he smacked me I held my cheek as it stung with pain. He went for Ella and I grabbed her porcelain cat and smashed it over his head, he stumbled back and I I kicked him in the balls he keeled over and he took me to the ground and he was on top of me and he started hitting me. I brought my legs up and put my legs over his arms and I flipped him over me and he went to the ground. I grabbed his gun and shot him in the head. He hit the ground and I dropped the gun on the ground realizing what I just did. My heart raced and I began to shake, I was snapped out of my thoughts by Ella. I got up and my ribs hurt. I walked over to her crib I picked her up and I sat on the ground, my back against the wall Ella close to my chest. Soothing her, once she stopped crying I grabbed my phone off the ground next to me and I dialed Rio's number. 

Rio:Hey ma wassup

Me:Can you come over please......I need your help

I said with a shaky voice. 

Rio:I'm on my way

He said and I hung up. After a few minutes her bedroom door opened and I looked up at him. He looked at the body and then me, now I had a busted lip a cut above my eye brow and forming bruises on my arms. He came over to me and he sat next to me and wrapped his arms around me. We cleaned up and I put Ella in my car and we put the body in pieces in garbage bags in the back and got in he drove. We got to the warehouse and it was quiet, Ella was asleep so I helped him bring them inside. We got back to my place and I put Ella to sleep. I walked out of her room and in the living room where he was sitting. I sat next to him not looking at him just thinking. 

Rio:what did he want

Tears rolled down my cheeks.

Me:He wanted to send you a message. Clearly that's irrelevant now

Rio:Look at me ma

I turned facing him, he pulled me on his lap so I was straddling him and he wiped my tears and looked in my eyes.

At that moment Rio realized something, so did Kehlani. Their feelings for each other were beyond business.

Rio:I will never let anyone hurt you, okay?

I nodded and he pulled me into a hug. I rested my head on his shoulder and he rubbed my back. This felt different, before it was fun playing this game we had but now I felt nothing but love for him. I broke the hug resting my hands on his shoulders and I kissed him, this kiss was different I knew it, he knew it.