Sickness

HEY. GUESS WHAT. IM ALIVE. Yea I know it's been a while I haven't been making it home till late for the past few months. But guess what. I found some time to write. It's sort I know but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things Enjoy~
———————————————————-———————

"Hey"

She weakly looked up at me. Her eyes were glossy and red from crying. She glared at me her eyes burning through mine like fire biting through the paper. I looked to the side letting out a deep sigh I rubbed my face before turning back towards the almost dead looking girl. "Oh? Was I too good to pass up?" She said weakly, trying to sound irritated.

I didn't answer immediately, I waited a few moments only thinking to myself. Not wanting to answer the question. "Is that blood on your lip?"
I asked pointing to the red liquid dripping from her lip. She looked away from me and instead looked up at the sky. Melancholy looking filling sage-colored hues as she reaches up and willed the crimson liquid from her lips and chin.

I heard her whimper slightly before inhaling and bring her pale skinny arm to whip the tears prickling at her eyes. I sat down next to her sprawled out body laying partially in the river. "... Hey, what's going on?" She didn't answer only keeping her arm on her face "I only just saw you a few hours ago, and you were fine."

"Yeah? Because everything always seems fine to you! You never want to see what others are going through! You're always too caught up on yourself to even glance at others! So why the hell am I not surprised you couldn't tell? Do you seriously think I lived in Egypt for my whole life and is still this damn pale?!" She screamed at me holding her pale arm. So much that she could be Germanian. She's right it doesn't make any sense.

She sat up being her knees up to her head, holding her head in her knees I could see her taking deep breaths I could even see the deep red hue on her ears. I looked down at the river seeing myself looking back at me. I wouldn't r normally care but this time... I don't know but something was nagging me this time.

I scooted closer to her so close that our arms were pushed together. She didn't move and I only moved my head closer so she could hear as I spoke as softly as I could manage. "Are you sick?" She didn't answer immediately but I could see her softly nod. "Can you look at me?" She slowly looks up at me, her eyes were puffy now and she was shaking. "You wanna tell me what's been going on?"

She sniffled a little turning her gaze back down to the water. "I'm not sure exactly what I-...," she choked her tears for a moment. "I'm not a doctor, but it's only been g-getting worse. B-but when I was at the palace it stopped and thought it finally went away. B-b- but it's more like I just learned how to ignore it..."

".... have you ever thought about stress?" I asked

"Huh?"

"Stress can cause health decline and if it gets bad enough it causes you to repulse blood." I'm pretty sure that was too matter-of-fact.

"B- sniff- but why would I be stressed?"

"Well... didn't you say your the only own so tries to get money for your family? Risking your life every day to make sure they're okay? Oh, I got one you probably don't know about, listens to others cry about their problems and boo-hoo about while they never ask how you feel? Am I right?" I didn't let her answer "I know I am because you let me do it all the time and uh how long have you been here? 15 years?"

"5." She mumbled

"Huh? I didn't hear you? Say it one more time?" She didn't answer

 "Anyway... main question. Why the hell are you laying in the river?" 

She sat there, not moving, almost like she was frozen by some unknown source or like a gremlin had her by the tongue. Her face... instead of having that bright red hue that normally covered her face it was an almost sickening amethyst. She finally answered meekly. "The river was cold... I felt hot... are you getting it yet?"

I rolled my eyes in response to her sarcasm strangly sounding like me. I didn't want to be weird but sitting here not doing anything makes me look even more insensitive. So, as smoothly as I could manage, wrapped my arm around her shoulders. Even if she didn't subconsciously do it, she leaned in into my chest. I felt her shake and sniffle a little before hearing quite sobs and whimpers. Honestly, I had no idea what the hell I was doing.  

I was panicking on how I should try and make her feel better, I mean, I fired her, pretty sure she's dying and stress poisoning? If that's even a thing. Before I knew it I heard her start to mumble incoherent words. I had to lean in to hear her. "Huh?" 

She sniffled again. "I don't matter..."

I blinked once "... Huh??" She sat up this time. "I don't matter! I lie about almost everything just because it makes people feel better! It's not even that good because no one is ever proud of me! No one is ever happy with me! I'm-... I'm never enough... Shit... I know how cheesy that sounds ..."

I looked down at my feet laying in the water, just barely being able to see my reflection. "You lie? Since when?" I asked quietly.

"I'm not from Egypt," I waited for her to continue. "I've only been here for 5 years... but you already knew that... I wasn't born as a slave... My mom and dad aren't dead either... I know who they are..." 

"Wait, wait, slow your roll their blondie my handsome brain can only understand half of what you said... talk so fast damn... Anyway, so your not a slave, your parents aren't dead. Then what are you? A runaway noble girl?"

Honestly, I don't know why but thinking about her being a noble girl made me happy, I got a little excited. Maybe because this could be someone my father would accept if that was the case?

"No! See? I'm-... I-... I've been poor my whole life... I-... I've always been a thief..."

"Huh. Okay and? So what? If you want to care about others you have to take care of yourself first., and you can't do that with your reputation being so... low." I responded, trying my best to sound emotional... this was hard.

She laughed and leaned her head on my shoulder. "I know your's try to be considerate... Thank you. I appreciate it. But-... But why? I mean you're a prince with everything why do you keep trying to make me feel better? Like you care?"

I had to think about that. I never really thought about it before... it was kind of strange how I just suddenly start to care. That weird little feeling I get when she looks mad. Or the little tinge of happiness I get when she puffs her cheeks out, out of anger. I always found it... cute.

I shrugged. "It's nice to have a friend." 

~~~~~~  Unknown  

"Are you sure about this? If you get caught it could be your head rolling."

"Shut it! And if I just give in I won't be king!"

I started at the dark-haired man across from me. He rubbed his hand nervously, his beady grey eyes darting from the carpet to my feet. He went to speak his mouth moving like a fish out of water trying to find words. I quickly cut him off. "Babylon is the richest kingdom around right now and even rivals Egypt's power. If I let this opportunity slip through my fingers not only will your head be on a plater mine will be as well. So if you don't want to die a terrible fate I suggest you shut your trap and help me take the oh so glorious crown. Understand? Good." 

His frail form shook meekly with fear. It amused me to no end a good little priest from Rome finding himself disobey if better thinking for me. A man of the gods shaking in his sandals for me. What a blessed day. No?

"I have all the documents and the kidnapping set, all you need to do is do as I say when I say and there will be no problem to occur. Yes?"

"Yes my lord."

"Good"