Mistakes

That night Ian went into the trouble of making a small pillow bed on the floor for me to sleep on. I was honestly kind of surprised and taken back by it. It was so sweet, it didn't fit his character at all. I started at him as he walked around the room collecting pillows and making a pretty decent bed. Better than what I used to sleep on. After he was done he stood up and looked at it, checking to see if any spots revealed the floor. He looked over at me, my face was full of pure confusion with a grin plastered on to my face.

"What?" He asked shifting to the side a little. His forehead scrunched up as he stared at me.

"I never would have thought, Ian, The Prince of Egypt, would put in just a little bit of labor for me, a thief of the slums." I held my hands up to my chest and flapped my eyelashes in a very dramatic way.

He looked away uncomfortably looking to the side, crossing his arms, his face morphing into his usual scowl. "I had a way I wanted it to be, instead of trying to get you to do, I did it myself, It would take less time," He glanced over at me, glare ever more apparent. "I'll have servants make an official bed for you tomorrow. You'll be a more efficient worker if you have, okay, sleep."

I rolled my eyes. "So charming you are indeed." I plopped down on the makeshift bed, it was very comfortable, and was made well enough that the pillows didn't separate from each other. Kind of confused by how they disobeyed the laws of physics so curiously glanced at the pillows. Noticing the infamous water chains wrapping themselves around the pillows. Leaving them in their intended place.

I immediately felt myself go in and out of consciousness. Eyes blinking slowly, Vision getting darker and darker from my exhaustion, before finally falling into a deep peaceful dream-filled sleep.

~~~

I sat down on my bed, every so often glancing at Brianna who was peacefully curled up on the pillows I had put together. She was more trouble than I thought she was going to be. She was exhausting, dramatic, loud, and so angry all the time.

I couldn't wait to find that earring so she could finally be gone.

I sighed laying back onto my plush silk bed, sinking into it deeply due to my size and weight. I closed my eyes as I felt the cool night air blow in from the open walls surrounding my bed.

I sighed and turned my head over to face the outside. I was staring at the stars. There was this one star that I saw every night. There were thousands upon thousands of stars every night. But I noticed this one because this one star was by itself, the star had a giant gap around, separating itself from the others.

I tend to think that the star was me. Completely alone. It gave me some sort of comfort for some reason.

But for the first time in years, there was another star closer than the others. Still far away, but closer, by itself. It was brighter and smaller. So I figured it was a new soul. I liked to believe each star represented a person in this world.

I was interrupted out of my thought when I heard a soft mumble. I sat up, looking over at the tiny monkey girl curled up on my pillows. She was twitching, like when your dog is having a dream.

Every once in a while she would say an incoherent name or mumble.

It escalated, she started to curl into a smaller ball, sniffling and twitching even more quickly. I squinted and noticed the shine of water on her face. Sliding down slowly and landing on the pillow under her head.

She was having a nightmare. Then into a night terror.

I laid there for a few moments, debating on what I should do. I didn't know her like that, I couldn't just wake her up and try to make her feel better. It's weird when someone you just met acts like their your best friend.