Coward

"We just want to talk, Lord Emphias." I smiled up at him while Ian just simply glanced at from the side of his eye.

"About what?" He shut the door slightly and I wasted no time pushing the door open of course not needing Ian's help because the slinky man tumbled backward as we busted the door open.

"Ya' know, for a lord, this is one crummy house don't ya' think?" I said pulling out a chair and sitting in it, it creaked under the pressure. The weak dry wood threating to break. "And pretty cheap chair too." I finished standing back up, not wanting to fall through a chair."

"What. Do you. Want?" Venom was dripping from his voice as he cowered away. Hunched over in a defensive position. Ian was down with waiting around and got straight to the point.

"You bought an earing a while ago, by a shop owner named Ronnie? Ring a bell?" Ian spoke starting to remove his cloth mask.

"The blue one? Yeah, I remember, why?" He asked harshly and turning to take a look over at Ian, jaw-dropping and the hunch position becoming more noticeable as he saw who was under that mask. "P-prince Ian? W-wh- uh- What are doing here?"

"Just answer the question, where is the earing now?" I piped up. Emphias looked wearing over at me then back to Ian getting ready to bow before Ian stopped him.

"No bowing, answer the question."

"I-I sold it. I used all the money that I had to buy it, my wife didn't like that. So I sold it. Wh-why?"

"Damnit," I whispered under my breath "Of course you did."

Ian glanced over at me, then back at Emphias. "It's important to me, now, where did you sell it?"

"A-a market shop over a few corners down. I-I can take you there as a form of apology!" He stutters out frantically.

Ian glanced over at me again and sighed, I gave him a knowing nod and we agreed to go with 'Lord' Emphias.

"This damn rat . . ." Ian mumbled walking next to me, face mask back on.

"Hey look on the bright side," I nudged his arm that was closet to me. "At least we are one step closer than we were yesterday."

He groaned in response and hung his head a little, watching the man in front of us, struggle to figure out where the market was at. I act positive about but I had this sinking feeling in my stomach that only continued to get worse as we continued forward.

~~~

We finally made it to the market place, but not yet the actual booth where he sold it to. Ian was slowly getting grouchy and the man got more panicked while causally looked around trying to ignore the sinking feeling in my gut.

I some movement of orange and yellow out of the corner of my eye, I blocked out Ian and Emphias' back and forth banter and focused more on the movement.

I could see two heads of long black hair, one was wearing yellow and the other orange. I looked closer and could see the face of Kalaya glance to the side the other following, revealing the face of kat. They were looking at Reyna and Lizzy's walking towards them. They had different herbs in their hands.

A wave of euphoria hit me like a ton of bricks. I had to look away and bit my lip harshly to prevent a tear from cascading down my face.

I miss them, I miss them so much. I wonder how they are doing? I wonder if Billy and Emily are recovering yet? I wonder if that forgot about me? Moved on? Replaced me?

Probably.

"Hey orangutan, you good?"

My head snapped up at Ian who left Emphias alone for a moment. I could see his dark hues staring down at me through the cloths on his face.

"Huh? Oh! Y-yeah, I'm great." I somehow managed out without my voice cracking.

"Yeah, because that was believable. What's got you all messed-" he was cut off by Emphias.

"We're here! This is the place!" Ian glared daggers at Emphias while I clapped my hands together.

"Yes! We are almost done with this walking torture!" I cheered. I followed Emphias as we walked to the vendor. I stood behind Emphias as he conversed with the vendor. Ian stood awfully close behind me. I could feel his eyes burning holes in the back of my head.

I was saved when Emphias turned around and told us the bad news. "W-well uh, she sold it to another vendor."

"Aw geez . . ." Ian and I mumbled.

Our heads snapped to the side when we heard someone yell along with a few gasps and people yelling in protest. "STOP THAT BRAT!" There was a vendor yelling at people as a small child ran away with what I could see. Ian's earing.

"That . . . vender." Emphias finished and I wasted no time into start chasing the child, I could see Ian completely disappear from the corner of my eye as he turned himself into complete water and slithered away through buildings.

This was going to be rough.                 

___

Eeeeh little short, but oh well