Blissfully

I continued stared blankly at the women, sleeping in my bed, next to me, clingy to me, who was not Brianna. I cleared my throat a little.

Carla looked very peaceful.

"WAKE UP," I spoke loudly and watched her figure snap up, her head bolting around the room to catch her thoughts. "And get out of my bed!"

And with that she scrambled like a rat, dragging herself harshly out of bed. She quickly tried to fix her disheveled hair.

"I am so sorry my prince! I came to check on you and must have fallen asleep, I ask for forgiveness"

"Wait a minute, so you cam to check on me, even though I'm not your responsibility anymore, and you just so happen to fall asleep next to in a very comfortable position? Is that what you're telling me?"

She visibly gulped and nodded slowly, looking down at her feet.

I looked out towards the outside, it was still dark, must have been only asleep for an hour or two. I sighed and rubbed my head tiredly.

We sat in silence for a few moments. I stared at her form standing in the dark, looking down, rubbing her arm nervously. Anyone would say she felt guilty and that's why she's acting like this. But I know her very well on the other hand. She has never acted so shy and few words. She was trying to act like Brianna to find her back as my servant.

I find that incredibly ridiculous, you're free of your duties, you basically get to live in the castle on your own free will, of course with one or two choirs here and there, but again. Why is this so difficult for her.

I tched, glaring at her form that began to shake under my hard glare. "What are you try to achieve Carla?"

She jumped at my words, she looked up at me with big doll-like eyes, it irked me, even more, seeing her trying to copy someone else.

Fake, Unreal, Shapeshifter, Untrue. False.

"What do you mean my prince?"

"Don't bullshit me, you know exactly what I'm talking about you witch."

Her whole posture changed as she stood up straight, her face sliming back down and she smiled very mischievously. She giggled at me, which set me off even more. Of course, I didn't give off any hints about that.

"A prince like yourself should not use such foul language."

"Quit treating me as if I was your friend, now answer my question."

"Oh well, you see, Ian my dear your looking quite pale. I don't think ms. Brianna is treating you well, resulting in your ill-looking complexion."

"Tch, I looked fine thank you very much. And you don't address me with my name."

"But Brianna, who is your underling, calls you that. So why can't I?"

"You eavesdrop? On me?" I asked staring at her, eyes narrowed, irises wide with danger.

"Of course I do! Now please answer my-"

"Get out, I'm giving you one last chance before I make her disappear. Now leave."

"You would do no such thing!" She gawked and I huffed in response.

"Continue to stand there and you can find out for yourself."

She stared at me for what seems like hours before she quickly scrambled out the door and I could hear her retreating footsteps going down the hall.

I soon followed, not going after her obviously. I was going to see where that little monkey ran off to.

I looked everywhere, and I mean everywhere. The throne room, kitchen, multiple bedrooms, servant chambers, the garden, I even went as far to look in the water because who the hell knows why.

Nowhere. She was nowhere. I began to panic slightly.

Did I seriously let a monkey escape me?

I thought angrily. I stood in the middle of one of the halls. I tapped my finger on my arm. Thinking, where would she go? Home of course. Where is that exactly? Shit, I don't know.

I snapped my head around once I heard footsteps coming up behind me. It was logan he had a pleased look on his face along with a slight jump in his step.

I raised an eyebrow at him as he came to a stop in front of me.

"Why are you so happy?"

"Why are you so not?"

I rolled my eyes, letting my arms fall to my side giving him my full attention.

"Have you seen that orangutan anywhere?" I sighed out, already sick of walking around the huge palace.

"Last I saw her was at the garden," He paused, his smile growing twice as big. "We had a nice conversation, lovely girl, really. I'm still begging to trade for her."

I narrowed my eyes and ignored his comment. "Where did she go after you finished talking with her?"

"Hmm don't know. Somewhere." He finished before walking off. It instantly clicked for me. There were two rooms I haven't checked, my parent's room, and Logan's room.

I quickly walked down the hallways, heading for Logan's room. My head filled with fume. That guy was really testing me.

I creaked open the door and walked in and wouldn't you look at that. There she was, sleeping, in his bed. I shook angrily on the inside, I asked him, and he lied, very similar to Carla.

I hated the palace, it was filled with demons, fake smiles, everything nasty.

These thoughts filled my head as I walked over to the bedside. There was no way I was leaving her in here. Who knows what that freak has already tried to put in her head. I picked, not caring if I woke her up, which she didn't, and made it comfortable on my part.

It was awkward for actually, sure she's tiny and pretty much air for me to carry, but I've never had to carry and person bridal style. It was, as said, awkward.

I managed and walked out of the room, not caring enough to shut the door on my way out.

She snored, not loudly but it was weird enough to make me make a mental note to make fun of her for it later.

The awkwardness began to whereof and I began to loosen up and it felt like she was melting onto me. Never thought I'd say (Or type for my side) that.

She was so tiny compared to me that I bet if you were walking behind me you wouldn't even know I was carrying someone. Thinking about it made me chuckle a little.

Slum people or more interesting than I give them credit for.

I began to frown having a small flashback of before. She was sneering at me as she yelled at me about her family, about how they mean everything to her.

I found myself slowly hoping to see her reunited and then slapped my self for realizing I was the one preventing that.

I bet they missed her, I bet they're wondering where she's at. Or maybe morning, thinking she might have died.

I don't know what it feels like to have someone care about me.

I had another flashback to the time a few hours ago, when we were on the balcony. I remember the words she said so clearly, oddly.

"Think of as a friend, a real friend."

I pushed open my bedroom door, placing her on the bed. Imagine something for a moment.

Imagine if I wasn't a prince. Imagine if I was part of her 'family'. Imagine if she was someone I cared about and the other way around.

Imagine. . .

I started absently at the sky, seeing the star once again, and the other one, a little further away than it was last time.

Imagine if my world was different.