Details

(I don't know why but I was writing this while listening to this song. Kinda fits, kinda doesn't lol)

I strolled down the massive hallways, making my way towards the palace library. I was going to open the records of the people, search through different nobles. Someone who looks very plain, brown hair and brown eyes. Hair combed tightly. Looks full of himself. Sounds easy, but I know it's going to be a pain in the ass.

I sighed as I sat down at a seat in the back. Laying the pile of books I had picked out on the table in front of me. I opened up the first book on top of the pile. This was going to be a long day.

I read through the many lines of names and dates. Searching through the different faces shown next to the names. These books are used with magic to make sure they are heavily accurate. But Ian explained they haven't checked these since after he was born. He wasn't sure if they updated themselves.

None of the faces were matching the man's description. The books were set up by the rank and look of other people. So slum came first, followed by, servant, noble, persist, and the royal family. Then blonde hair, black hair, brown hair, blonde and red.

Each book had a number on them, one for every year. I was going to the nobles with brown hair in every book. I had no idea how old this guy is, so this was increasingly difficult.

I slammed the book shut as someone sat down in front of me. I jumped from shook, I didn't realize someone even walked in. My head shot up to see who was there before it immediately shot back down once I saw it was Prince Logan.

Logan had blonde hair the color of melted gold, eyes as red as the blood humans bleed. Skin as smooth and tan as caramel.

"Hey there Princess. What are you up to so early in the morning?"

I glanced up at him, his face smooth and full of mischief with a grin spread evenly across his face. I furrowed my eyebrows at his statement.

"I think you've been mistaken. I'm a servant, not a Princess." I looked back down and scooted the book over with the rest of the pile.

"Oh but, you're a Princess in my eyes. Such beauty wasted on a servant," He sighs closing his eyes and leaning on his palm before opening them again the look at me. "Now what are you doing here? Where is your Prince?"

"He asked me to do some research on personal matters. Nothing involving you." I snapped, it was a little harsher than I wanted it to be.

"Ahhh~ how boring! Here I thought you'd be reading a good story."

"Story?" I glanced up at him in confusion. "Why would a servant be reading a story over, doing as their Prince asks?"

His smiled got bigger. "Your a little trouble maker, I can tell just be looking at you," He sighs, standing up and walking over to one of the open walls. Letting the desert breezes wash through his hair. He sighed again looking over his shoulder at me. "Have you ever heard that story? The one from Mesopotamia? About the young Princess who ran away years and years ago?"

I cocked an eyebrow at him. I shook my head and he laughed a little.

"Ian loves that story, surprisingly. He likes to compare himself to her, the Princess. . ." He paused and came and sat back down before continuing.

"So does Carla. The story goes to the great kingdom of Babylon, the king, and the queen had a beautiful baby girl. That the tales say had hair like gold and soft has the desert dunes, skin as smooth and fair as fresh milk, and the eyes to light up a fallen world."

I started cautiously at him, I had no idea where he was going with this.

"The Princess was so pure and kind wanting to help and watch her kingdom grow with happiness and peace. Even as a young girl she could see the corruption that her family possessed. King ignoring all good, replacing his wife each and every night. Queen finding entertainment in the people's suffering, setting battles each day to watch them brute. . . The Princess hated this, she hated everything about it. And she started to see the unfixable corruption of the people she found so dear, the country she loved so much. She grew a hatred she so badly wanted to hide. Unable to bear the fate of not being able to fix it, she ran away. The kingdom in a panic as they searched and searched for her. Knights leaving their families to go on year-long expeditions, King lost his charm due to sleepless nights, not knowing where his only beloved child went. Queen lost her beauty and eventually ended her life. Having made the conclusion the Princess was dead and she was to blame. The kingdom falling into shambles. . ."