Ryan

Filler chapter that's going to be kind of sort :P )))

2 years before Brianna

"Dude."

"Dude."

I responded to Ian while be looked up the Pyramids.

"What if we climbed that?" Ian asked very dumbly, on purpose of course.

"We'd die," I replied "Probably."

We sat there in silence for a while, continuing to look up at the huge monument of a tomb.

"Would you stop me if I tried?" Ian suddnly spoke up.

"No."

"Go to hell." I snapped my head over to him with a raised eyebrow.

"What?"

He got angry, in a very comical way. "You were just gonna let me climb to my death! Wow, thanks, bud, friend, frendo!" I snorted in response as he dramatically stopped off.

Ian was huge for a 14-year-old boy. Around 5'11 (At the time) He towards over my tiny 5'7 form. Extremely dramatic, but bright and kind.

I continued to chuckle as I followed him back to the palace. My family was visiting at the time for business. This happened a lot and due to that Ian and I have gotten close. Along with Ryan.

I frowned at the thought of my ill friend. He suddenly has gotten sick and no one knew why. We would visit him more than a few times a day. The maids would always shoo us away, saying we were keeping him from resting. Of course, we didn't listen.

"Heyo little bro!" Ian yelled excitedly as he opens the huge double doors, entering Ryan's room. Ryan looked just like Ian, the only difference was the build and eyes. Ryan was smaller and frailer with green eyes. He used to be the same smooth tan Ian is but now, he was paler than the white sheets that hang on the maids.

"Hey," I responded sternly, noticing that he didn't respond. "Are you there?"

Ian and I quickly ran over to his bedside and began to shake him. When he didn't move, we began to panic. I quickly dug my finger down to his neck to see if I could feel a pulse. I paled when I felt nothing. I didn't have the guts to turn around and tell Ian. It hurt, even more, when I didn't have to for him to know.

He was to damn smart for his own good.

He didn't say anything. Just stood there, void of any emotion.

"Hey," I said, trying to grab his attention. "Maybe this was for the best."

"What?"

"H-he was sick Ian! He was suffering, maybe it's better off that he's dead."

He looked off to the side, refusing to look at me. I was hoping he understood what I was trying to say. But instead, I got the finger, pointing to the door. As in 'gett out.'

I hesitantly raised from potion next to the dead 10-year-old boy and walked out. I quickly told the staff.

That was the last time I ever saw Ian happy, that day was the last day he ever truly smiled, the last time he gave a crap.

The next day I went to talk with him before my family left, he was cold, bitter. I remember what he said so clearly.

"Do you know what my father said? Do you know what he said he did?" He asked quietly.

" . . .No, what did he say?"

He inhaled before continuing to speak. "He said he didn't it was better, he said he gave him poison so he wouldn't have to worry. The poison being the fake fountain of youth."

"He said, Ryan was only dragging the family down." He finished, still refusing to look at me.

"Ian, your father probably didn't mean it like that."

"Then what did he mean? You said so yourself! It's better off that Ryan was dead! So what did he mean? Hm, Logan? What did he mean then!?"

I could see tears threatening to bubble over, he was obviously in pain. He simply walked away from me.

Little did I know, I mess up.

That would be the last day he ever truly saw me as a friend.