Carla

The garden was always beautiful at night, the soft moonlight shining down on the flowers and clear water from the ponds. I let out a sigh that was full of different emotions, anger, sadness, and strangely content.

I made my way around the many ponds, being sure to never leave the pebble path laid out for anybody heading the separate building just for servants. The small neat building is sleeping quarters for servants. All servants must sleep there unless told otherwise.

Brianna gets special treatment like that every day and night. Ian treats her like a princess . . . It's irritating. I've known him his whole life!

Yes! I know!! I'm in my thirties and shouldn't be putting myself onto a sixteen-year-old. But that's not what I'm trying to do. Yes, I love him to the point of no return, but I know the rules, and I know his standards. I just want to keep him safe. My king asked me too, I've asked myself too, and the girl is going to cause trouble if he keeps her here too long.

So I'm hoping she's just 'at the moment' thing he normally does.

I stopped half-way through my walk and looked up at the starry night sky of Egypt. I gently closed my eyes and let out another sigh.

This is not the life I wanted to live. If only I was a little younger I could have my happy ever after.

I remember the story, the story Ian loves so much. A princess overcome with her countries corruption and when she decided that she had no chances of fixing it, she ran off. Leaving her country to suffer for years and years to come. No one knows what happened to her, is she dead?

I liked to think that she ran to a neighboring country, met a nice village man and married. And she out there living a happy life, with a family. I like to think she got her happy ever after.

I wanted that.

That wonderful happy ever after.

But here I am, fighting for a young boy with a young girl as if I am too a young girl. Like some sort of drama with a love triangle.

I glanced back at the palace seeing two shadows dancing around on the curtains of Ian's room. I hear them argue like two old friends, she treats him with so much disrespect. Maybe he like that, someone who bites back.

When I did it might have bothered him because I've never acted like that. He probably thought he was being too nice and was losing his authority. I smacked my hand to my face looking back on that. How could I have been so stupid!

I scratched my head, messing up my silk straight hair. It back noted and coarse looking.

I finished my walk to the servant building. I pushed aside the thick curtain put there as a door. Before I went in I took one last glance at the palace.

When I did I saw a figure shifting around in the hallways frantically. I was honestly too tired to deal with it, and if it came to Ian's room he and that girl can handle it. They have abilities anyway.

I turned back in and left the curtain fall behind me. Looking at all the other servant either getting ready for bed or are already in bed. I placed my sandals to the side, picked out some night cloth, and headed out to the bathing pond in the back.  

~~~

It's short! I knooowwww! I'm sorry T_T this is late too. I'm sorry, I honestly forgot.