Royalty

(Sorry for the late updated! I got caught up with life and my computer quit working. Also sorry for the short chapter and this chapter seems kinda rushed... so sorry for that... but Enjoy!!!!)

I sighed sitting on my bed, thinking about what just went down. I could've said it nicer, but it would hurt more if I had to say bye to her.

Plus... It's best if we don't talk anymore. she'd only get herself stuck in royal drama. 

And when I thought this day couldn't get any worse Carla walked in through the door, I groaned letting my face fall into my hands. "Just listen to me!" She said desperately. "I know you're upset about the monkey, but the king is asking for you and he's getting angry!" She was twisting her hands together nervously and almost on cue could hear the distant yelling of my father. 

I rubbed my eyes and took a moment to readjust before getting up and heading towards the throne room with Carla following close behind.  

I already knew where this was going, the only thing ever talks to me about... Bri was right, I don't think I'll be able to avoid it any longer. 

We walked into the large gold decorated room with and equally as gold throne, dark blue almost black eyes pierced at me. I had my eyes shift over to the side refusing to look up at him, yes I know, the most average teen thing to do, but whatever I was busy at the moment trying to think of a way out of this. He was saying something, but I was too busy not listening.

I heard doors open as five different women walked in and I started panicking... It sure would be nice if a little monkey would break into the palace to cause a distraction...

For someone with amazing powers and can control water at his will I'm pretty useless... WAIT! I have an idea.

I turned to face my father to make him think he had my full attention. I still have no idea what the hell he's talking about but ehhhhh oh oh well. I just started at him while I focused all my attention on to the unseen fountains from the garden at the back of the palace. This was a little harder than I thought it'd be, but I can manage. 

"Ian! Are you listening?!"

"To you? No. But I think I hear something in the halls...."

"Yes Ian, you mean the servants-"

A wave of water came rushing into the throne room, knocking some of the guards and servants over with the force of the rushing water. Of course, I wasn't bothered by it and just took my chance to casually stroll out of the throne room. 

I was so close to reaching the door until I felt a hand on my shoulder right before I reached the exit of the palace. I glance over my shoulder and saw the grey-green eyes of my mother looking at me. I sighed and turned around facing her.

"Ian..."

"What?" I asked harshly

"Go ahead."

"Huh?"

"I'll distract your father, go out and have fun... but bring back me something expensive or I'm telling your father." she smiled

"Of course..." I mumbled pushing her hand off my shoulder and walked out, was I going to bring her something back for her? No, No I wasn't. I'm not rude for this, she always tries to play my side just so she can blackmail me into getting her stuff. So uh, sike.

I walked through the town, it was the part me and Bri used to walk through while looking for my earring. My earring... I unconsciously reached up and rubbed the blue gem of the earring. 

"Damn..." I mumbled to myself stopping in the middle of the road where everyone was walking. People would have to walk around me and some would even curse. I sighed and hung my head low. I was ripped from my thoughts when I was about knocked over by someone running into me. I whipped my head to see who it was.   

My eyes widened when I saw blonde fluff dashing through the crowds. I instantly reacted and dashed off after it. Pushing through people, this had to be her, short, messy hair, rough pushing, and blood coughing.... wait, hold up.

I looked closer while I was chasing her and could see her cough and some blood splattered onto the ground. I slow downed and watched her runoff... Shit.

I followed the direction she ran off to, soon I walked up to the Nile river. She was hunched over the side of the river and coughed harshly into the river before falling. I wanted to laugh but it didn't seem like the time to do that. I started walking towards her as she fixed herself and laid in the river. I wonder what happened.

"Hey."