Fake

Let's do a quick recap, shall we?

Here I am jumping over old ladies and their market setups on a high-speed chase after a little girl clutching a small earring close to her chest.

How I got here? Well, we met Armo Slack or what he likes to call himself, Lord Emphias. He was the one who bought the earring and oh surprises surprise, he sold it.

He leads us to the vendor, only to find out the vendor sold it to another vendor. Oh then guess what? You won't believe how unbelievably amazing this next part is.

A kid stole from that vendor at that very moment, and what did they steal? THE FREAKING EARRING!!!

So Mr. I'm so special and I did the most logical thing anyone would do. Chase the kid.

Ian that lucky bastard can turn himself into water so he has no problem slithering though people. But I, on the other hand, had to struggle to push through people, tripping on pots, jumping onto of buildings to dodge the crowd.

I got winded very quickly.

I started to slow down in pace unable to keep my breath.

I would get myself on higher buildings by pushing myself up on surrounding walls of other buildings. Then would tuck and roll when I have to jump from a high building onto a smaller one.

I could still see the little girl's short black hair running through the streets.

I refused to let some amateur little thief girl beat me. Try to catch as much of my breath as I could I make my decision to use my monkey abilities. I jumped from the side of the building I was currently on. I stretched my arm out to grab a clothing line.

I used my built up force and weight to swing myself forwards to another nearby clothing line. I reached the second clothing line and let myself swing forward a little before letting go and rolling onto a nearby building.

I gained upon her quickly. I jumped on last time on swung myself forward. This time I myself past her and reached for a support beam. I held on and let the beam swing back towards her direction and I used my tail to keep my balance.

I landed on the ground with a thump and some dirt flying up next to me. And with that, the girl ran right into me.

I quickly wrapped my arms around her and lifted her up, holding her tight against me.

"Whatcha got there?" I questioned looking down at the gold and blue shining in her little fingers.

She kicked and fought against my grip and started screaming. I kept my hold and waited for Ian to show up.

"Damn calm down! I'm not gonna hurt ya'!" I shouted trying to keep my balance with the girl throwing a fir in my arms. "Just show me whatcha got! I'll make a trade if you stop!"

She didn't listen just kept screaming and kicking. And when she realized she wasn't getting out of this, she started to cry and scream even louder.

People started giving me looks and I could tell some were thinking about intervening.

I quickly put her down on her back and put my knee on her chest and stomach so she couldn't get up. I learned enough weight on her so I wouldn't hurt her, but she couldn't move.

I reached for her hands and pried them open. Every time I would get one open I would go work on the next one only for her to quickly clasped her hand over the earring again.

I growled in frustration. "Just let go of the freaking thing and we can be done here!!" She started crying harder, I think she started to lose breath from her crying.

Finally having enough of waiting for Ian and her crying. I grabbed both her wrist and ripped them away from each other and the earring falling out. I grabbed it and stood up.

The girl got up with me and started clawing at my legs and jumping up reaching for the earring.

I starred at the blue jewel hanging from the chain. My eyes were wide with shock. The chain . . .

It was a pale gold color.

It's fake gold.

I continued to hold the earring. This wasn't Ian's. His was pure real gold. Bright and vibrant. Not pale and void of color.

I felt myself start to shake, my fist clenching around the earring. Someone somewhere fooled us. And now we're completely lost now.

"Brianna?"

I quickly snapped my head over at the voice that called me. I quickly hid the earring.

It was . . . Logan? "Logan? What are you doing down in the slums?" I asked holding the still crying girl away with my hand.

"I could ask you the same, palace servant?" We walked up to me, tossing a ruby at the girl to get her to leave. She caught it and examined it for a few moments before dashing off.

"I was running some errands for Prince Ian? Why you ask?"

"Well, that's an interesting outfit," he said motioning down at my armored chest plate and tight black suit. "It just doesn't, you know, say I'm a servant. More like a, . . .-a thief."

My eyes widened and I stood there in shock. I quickly regained my composure. "Well, that's just it, my lord! So I won't sand out! No thief would try to steal from another thief?"

"I guess you're right . . . here I'll walk you back to the palace."

I couldn't refuse it make me look more suspicious. I hope Ian doesn't get himself into trouble. I smiled and nodded and in return, he placed his hand on my back and began to lead me towards the palace. I glanced behind me nervously, I wonder where he went. . .

"So Brianna," I was snapped out of my thoughts by Logan. "How did you sleep?"

"Oh! I forgot to thank you, Logan! I haven't slept that great since . . . ever!"

He chuckled at my actions and pulled me closer to himself. "I'm glad you like it. Anyway, I've been meaning to ask you. I know Ian is a pain and I was wondering," He paused and I felt my heart rate speed up.

"How would you like to come to be my servant, at my palace? Servants are treated much better there."

I looked up at him with wide eyes. No way! He's nice and all but I have a family! And the only reason I'm even with Ian is so I can go back to that family.

"Logan, that's nice of you to offer but I can't, I-" He cut me off before I had a chance to finish.

"Brianna listen to me. I've known Ian for a long time and trust me. He seems like he likes you and you could be friends. But no, that's not it. He's only using you to get somewhere or get something he wants. As soon as that's done. He'll completely forget about you,"

I looked up at him a second time. He just gave me a reality check. I forgot about the whole reason why I was here.

"Listen I like you. You have a strong heart a caring one. You deserve better. Just think about it."

By this point, we just walked through the palace entrance. His hand fell from my shoulder and back to his side. He gave me one last glance before walking off to someplace in the palace.

I watched his retreating form disappear.

He's not wrong, I know all that. I still have my family to keep me here. But even so, that still hurt to hear.

I started to make my way towards Ian's room. I had to let him know about the fake earring. And if he's not in there. Then I can report him missing! There! Done!

Halfway there I saw him, walking in my direction. He paused in his movements for a moment before charging my way.

"Where the hell did you go?"

"Huh?"