Let's Talk

We strolled down the hallway behind the guard, I was anxious. Ian didn't seem bothered though, he treated this as though it was a daily occurring bore. I rubbed my hands nervously, they were clammy, I wasn't sure why, to be honest. Maybe the fact I wasn't supposed to be here, but that wouldn't make sense because I have Ian's permission.

Whatever it was, I was nervous. I had the gut-wrenching feeling in my stomach. Like you when you know something bad is going to happen. I looked up from my feet, realizing we stopped. We stood in front of a large wooden door, to which the guard and one other pushed open to let us through.

Ian just casually strolled in, me following in pursuit. Too nervous to be separated from him at the moment. Especially since he was my only source of protection in the area.

I stuck close behind him, kept my head down, hands held tightly in front of me, steps even and quiet. I felt I nudge on my side and glanced up, meeting Ian's gaze. He winked and smiled a little. I left my eyes to widen and my jaw goes slack.

I hate to admit it but it made me feel better, it helped calm me down more than I'd like to admit.

I felt my shoulders relax and I started to stand straight, my head held a little higher, but still kept it down. We stopped in the middle of the room, facing the King and Queen. Ian stood there casually, rocking back and forth in a boring way. I was doing the exact opposite.

"Ian. . .," The king started "Have you thought about finding an escort?" Ian rolled his eyes and let out a loud irritated sigh.

"I'll take that as a no," The king sighed, which was identical to Ian's. "How old are you again? 14? 15? No, your 16, Ian. I'm getting to the age where I can't continue to rule healthy."

Ian stared at him for a few moments, scowl growing ever more apparent. "Well, this would be such a rush if you didn't get rid of Ryan? Now would it?"

The kings face twisted in an enraged expression as he glared down at Ian who was looking off to the side, obviously try not to look pissed.  "Ian, this is not something where you can bring up things from the past to help you get out of your problems! Stand up and face this like the man you boast yourself to be! I'll give you one month to find someone before I do it for you!" And with that, the king stormed out in a fury.

Ian tched, but other than that, he was silent. I peered up at him curiously. I knew something bad was to go down, but I didn't think it would be something with personal family issues. I thought for sure it would have been about my sudden appearance.

When he still made no movement or words I decided to make a move. I leaned over slightly, reaching my hand out in a very boxy manner, a gently poking his arm, before leaning back quickly. I started at him, hoping for a reaction. When he didn't give me one I leaned back in again. This time putting more pressure into my poke.

I leaned back again. Still nothing. I thought I'd try one more time. Except for this time, I would push him slightly. But instead, he whipped around gripping my wrist tightly. "Quit"

I started at him with wide eyes. I got a reaction out of him, not one I was hoping for. But I got one.

I grinned at him cheekily. "Oops. . . hahaha, my bad?" I leaned back away from him, my wrist still trapped in his large hand. I sighed closing his eyes, slowly releasing my wrist from his death grip. He stormed out of the room. I rubbed my wrist, trying to sooth the slight pain.

I quickly made haste in following him. Knowing I still had a chance of getting lost in the palace.

I tried my best to keep up, but I couldn't hold a normal walking past or I would lose him, so I found myself jogging behind him instead. He's so damn tall and walking so damn fast that I had to jog just to keep up.

"H-He . . .Hey! Slow down a little will ya'?!" I panted out, coming to a stop and breathing a little heavily.

He stopped for a moment and glared at me for a moment, causes me to inhale sharply and stand straight up, my green hues widening at his dark demeanor. 

His deep blue irises started intensely at me, shifting slightly. Be blinked and his eyes softened and turned his head back around. His shoulders rising and falling as a sigh left his lips. Obviously trying to calm himself down. After he was down and started walking again, but this time much slower and smoother paced.

I felt my forehead scrunch at this act. I let out a deep sigh through my nose, a worried expression crawling itself on to my face before quickly morphing into one of determination.

The quick shift that happened had me confused. Just a few moments ago we were comfortable, calm and content. But after his father few words, he was storming around in silent fury and frustration.

I've seen him get irritated by things, but never so much as to see him like this.

I'm not gonna lie, how much my pride wanted to say otherwise, he flippin' terrified me. His height made me uncomfortable, his jawline intimidated me, his personality pissed me off so much that I tend to do stupid things, and his freaking eyes remind me of the Nile. And I can't FUCKING swim! 

"Hey!" I called out towards him once we got to his room. I built up the courage to speak. He turned slightly and stared at me through the corner of his eye, piercing me with his dark hues. I swallowed my fear so I could continue speaking.

"Are you, . . . you know, good?" I said awkwardly, mentally facepalming at my awkwardness. He continued to murder me with his eyes and I nervously shifted nervously from one floor to the other, glancing at my side, back at him, then to space next to him.

His mouth hung slightly open as his eyes narrowed, eyes becoming sharper than before.

"I-I. . . ahem . . . I mean, you uh, you wanna talk about it?" I strutted out, barely audible. The floor suddenly becoming much more interesting than before. I felt myself trembling under his harsh glare. It felt like thousand yard high waves crashing roughly down on to my form over and over again, and I was starting to give under the pressure.

"No."

I was all I heard from him, I unconsciously flinched at his low and deep voice. It was raspy, like when you've been holding something back and it strains your voice.

I started to pick and scratch at my already peeling and beaten fingers. Causing blood to start to sprout.

He turned around and I felt the waves stop and my shoulders relaxed after the relief. I snapped my head up, ready to try again. He was standing out on the balcony, leaning over the railing, his head hanging and his hand tangled in his hair, clenched tightly in the snow like locks.

I gently grasped at the thin silk sheets used for curtains, out of the way, softly padding my way to him. If he was one of my close friends, my family, I would've patted him on the back and hang my arm around his shoulder before saying some dumb shit to make him laugh. But this wasn't the case.

So. . . instead, I softly walked up beside him, leaning over the railing. His head was buried in his arm resting on the railing while the other was still in his hair. I peered down at him, debating on what to say.

I could feel him glancing at me from under his arm. I sighed and looked at the sun setting over the city, the stars starting to peek out, deep blues crawling slowly over us, following the sundown.

I sighed through my nose and turned lightly over towards Ian.

"Let's talk."