New Dad

I slowly opened my crusty eyes, squinting at the sun shining through the open window. I rolled over onto my back letting a small yawn escape from my lips. I closed my eyes and stretched my arms, my legs, and my back. I could hear maids running around outside the door, birds chirping outside the window.

I rolled over onto my other side and came face to face with Ian. He had a big grin on his face. "You're the apple of my eye."

I stared at him for a long minute. Looking at him like he was some alien from another planet. "And you're the pain in my ass," I sat up and rolled off the bed. Trying to get away from him. "Now get up we have earring hunting to do today."

I laughed, holding his face. "Out of all the things I thought you'd say or react. That was not one of them."

I shook my head as I continued to drag myself around the room. Changing out of my servant attire and into my old clothes. I tied my hair up into a pony-tail, not bothered to brush it for an hour just for it to poof back up.

Ian, instead of putting on his ten different masks just putting on a white hooded cape over his normal bagging whit pants and his tons of upper body jewelry

"Ian, what the flip? Someone is gonna recognize you, and if not, their gonna mug you."

"Whatever, nothing is that important anyway..."

"Then why wear it?"

He stood up holding his arms out in a T-pose. "To insert dominance!"

I rolled my eyes and opened the door and started to walk out. But I ran into a tall figure. I fell back and looked up. My face visibly paled as the king stared down at me. I turned around to look at Ian.

His arms fell to his side and his face dropped. "Oh god- What?"

"You have things to do today. Take that sheet off and follow me."

"I'll take a pass. I already have something more important todo,"

"Oh? Like what?"

Ian sighed and slung his arm around my shoulder, lazy grin on his face. "Goin into town with my friend, ya' know, looking for stuff.

The king looked over me. My hair, my clothes, my face, then snarled looking back at Ian. "You need new friends,"

"No, I need a new dad," Ian stood up straight and moved forward, the king step to the side, and I quickly followed.

"You need to find a fiance!"

"Yep! Doing that right now~!"

I looked up at Ian, we quickly went out one of the side entrances. He pulled his hood up and slowed his pace so that he was now walking side by side with me. I felt bad, honestly.

"I don't mean to spark bad feelings... but... you can't avoid it like that forever..." I said looking up at the side of the face, a shadow cast over his face from the hood.

"...Yeah, I know... I'll get there someday."

It was silent for a while, awkward...

".... Dawwwwwww! I just realized you called me your friend!"

He rolled his eyes and a grin appeared on his face. "You're so fucking retarded." He laughed slightly. I gasped loudly.

"My prince! That language!" I giggled when he sighed and closed eyes. Almost running into a pole.

"What in the hell do you put up with me?" He asked scratching his head trying to act like he didn't almost hit a pole.

"Ahh, it's not like I didn't have a choice or anything."

He snorted, he turned to face me, looking down at what I was wearing. It was dirty, faded, a few tears. He turned his iris back to meet my gaze. "How about we get you something new to wear..."

"But... what about the ear-"

"Forget the earring, we have a while for that, and we don't have any leads."

"I don't have any money..."

"You literally have a bank walking next to you. Now's let's go."

~~~

Who would've known Ian had such a sense of style. He flung most of the things I thought looked nice to the side and was extremely picking with most of the stuff he found.

Dark purple, almost black, cloth wrapping around a black fitted top, the leftovers of the cloth flowing down the side, complementing the white bagging pants and followed with black boots. Looks cooler than my last outfit. Cooler as in look, and as in I won't burn up wearing.

(See top for reference) 

"Wow... congrats you're my official fashion buddy," Then I mumbled under my breath. "Sorry Reyna, he got you beat."

He smiled brightly. "And next time my dad sees you he won't feel the need to say, you need new friends."

"Aha... ha... yeah." I sweatdropped, feeling the insult hit me in the face again.

"Anyway, let's go! You said we got shit to do!"

"Oh lord..."