Part 51

I promise to kiss you before you wake up

2 updates at a time😁❤️ Yes❗️ you're not dreaming.

Maina's POV

"Keep those flowers over there." I instructed the gardener. Farha is coming today and i need to make everything perfect. My family already made all the necessary preparations. She was just coming to meet my family but it was a big deal to me.

"Have you called her?" Granny asked.

"Yes. She's on her way." I smiled.

"See How you're looking happy. You love this Girl alot." She commented.

"Yes Granny. I have to." I said then just then a BMW car drove into the compound. Farha stepped out of the car with her brother, Yazid. She was wearing the Native Nigerian Ankara clothe, a skirt and blouse. She applied little nude lipstick and a kohl to her beautiful eyes. She looked so innocent like an angel.

Granny and Aunty Barakah welcomed her with a lovely hug. I didn't invite much family today because Farha might feel uncomfortable. She was led into the house gently.

Muhammed, my cousin who was Khalid's brother clapped his hands on my face, distracting me from what my eyes were seeing.

"Ango to be. Don't swallow her with your eyes before it's time." He laughed.

"Uhmn. Stop teasing me." I blushed. Yazid walked up to me and we shaked our hands exchanging greetings. We started a productive conversation and we all started getting along well.

"Ina shi Maina yake?(where is Maina?)" Ladi asked looking around for me. I waved at her happily. She was always ready for positivity.

"Here I'm." I smiled and walked in with her. Farha was sitting down close to Granny. She was smiling and pinching her hands. That is what she does when she is nervous.

"Yanda kuka ga juna. Dan mu yace yanasonki har ga Allah, haka muma mun karbe ki da hannu biyu. Maraya ne. Bashida uba bashida uwa. Mune family dayake dashi ana da kuma can Misra. Nasan lockacin dayake dan saurayi, yayi rashin ji sosai amma yanzu ya maida kai duk abinda yakeyi. Allah yayi maki albarka." Uncle Abubakar said in hausa dialect.

The remaining members of the family around came into the living room to see her. "Masha Allah. Maina yakai ido kasuwa( Masha Allah. Maina really made a nice catch)".

"Tabarakallah, She is beautiful, well mannered and cultured." Granny hugged her.

Muhammed came in and started entertaining everyone. He had a very big sense of humor. And finally Farha was able to let go of her shyness a bit and laugh.

"Kar kiji kunya, nan gidan ki ne.( Don't be shy. This is your home)Feel free." Ladi brought food and placed it in front of her. It was crayfish and seafood paella.I was looking at her trying to get her attention, finally she looked at me and i winked at her. "Eat to your satisfaction. Maina come here, join me."

"He doesn't eat seafood. He is allergic to prawns." Farha said eagerly holding Ladi's hand. Everyone kept silent for a while, then they looked at each other and smiled.

"Oh i forgot. He has an allergy." Ladi said.

"Inyee soyayya kenan(That's love)" Granny looked at Farha and smile. Farha knew my like and dislikes, even the slightest change of my eyes. She knew what it meant.

"Maina get up and dance." Granny mouthed. I opened my eyes widely trying to comprehend what she was trying to say.

"Dance for us. Everyone contributed in this gathering but you didn't. You were just laughing and blushing at his Fiancée." Granny said in sarcastic way half smiling.