Part 37

Maina's POV

"Wait Farha, Just listen to me." I ran after her like a gizelle. "Sit here and listen to me". She sat on a bench next to fountain and stared at me looking confused.

"I am not very good at expressing my feelings. I am quite a sensitive person. A very arrogant and proud fool. Somehow, i often run out of words before I start talking." I heaved a long sigh, wow this was so uneasy and it was my first time doing this afterall.

"We have been seeing each for a long time now and i realize that the more insee you, the more i want to be with you. You're like a beacon of light in a starless night and i am drawn to you with a powerful force that I can't resist." The head waiter rushed out interrupting me. "Sir, is everything alright? We..." darn!! Not now! "Everything is fine, I will see you in a minute." I recomposed myself and cleared my throat. "When i am not with you, i keep thinking about you and my day seems rather empty" She adjusted her hijab, her hands trembling. "Maina, i think..."

"Yes, i care for you very much" I interrupted her. "and my feelings for you have awakened and are getting stronger and stronger each day. I am madly in love with you. I blindly hope you have the same feelings as i do."

She was speechless. Yes! I was definitely expecting that. In a norm, a girl will scream and hug the life outta me saying Yes, but i don't know, Farha was different, which made me more attracted to her. I know this was going to be hard, she has a boyfriend that beats up people. *wink.

"Maina." she finally spoke. "I..I don't know what to say...This is so sudden." I could see the confusion fighting out his way through her golden eyes.

"It's okay. I don't need an immediate answer. You can think about it all you want." I said standing up and putting my hands in my pocket.

"You know I'm not..." She stammered.
"Yes of course i know you're not single. But who said he can't have a competitor? I love you and that's all."

"But..." she barely stood up, she was weak to her knees.

"There are no buts, I love you and am gonna marry you. You and Ali should settle you guys's child's play." I checked my wristwatch, it was past 10 pm already. "Lemme see the head waiter, i will be back soon."

10 minutes later, i was back but Farha was no where to be found. Oh no! I checked the garden, restaurant, outside. But she wasn't there at all. Oh i forgot to check the toilets. I ran towards the toilet area and there she washing her beautiful face in the hand basin.
She must have been really shocked.

Slowly, i walked up to her, watching her whole body and stance. She looked like goddess Athena looking at her magical water pool for the future.

"Here..." i handed my handkerchief to her. "Use this" she looked up and her beautiful eyes caught mine. I swear to God, my bones electrified. Water drops on her face looked like pearl diamonds.

"Thank you." She spoke gently. "Can we go home now? Am so tired."

"Sure, Let's go." We walked down to the parking lot and drove off.

Silence was maintained through out the drive back home. She was avoiding eye contact throughout. When i try to say something, she will either nod and shake her head. Fine.
Shortly, we were in front of her house.

"Hey, take care of yourself." I said to her trying to look into her eyes but she was avoiding my face by all means.

"Okay, thank you." She opened the car door and before she went out. I held her bag and whispered at her back. "I love you, remember that!".

"Goodnight" was all she said back to me and ran off.

Phewwww! I puffed out some air of relief. That was the hardest thing I've ever done for myself, i just realized that. I felt so comfy and my heart was like it was set free of a long time bondage. I felt different. Was this how it felt to let put the word in ones heart. What will Butler kufler and Khaleed say when i tell me? Ohh man! They will be so suprised. I drove offffff.