Thats Probably Going To Leave A Mark

Start from the beginning

As she approached me, I noticed her eyes were focused on my plunging neckline. She was never a very subtle person. There was a slight disconnect, she didn't care if people knew what she was thinking, and based on the way she was looking at me right now, I had a pretty good idea.

"Hey." She grinned.

"Hi." I said in response.

She still hadn't made eye contact. I cleared my throat and spoke again.

"My face Demi." I said as I hooked a finger under her chin and lifted. "Is up here."

"I'm aware." She smirked. "You're not exactly wearing a dress that says look at my face." She shrugged.

"Good point." I laughed.

"How is Nick treating you?" She asked, suddenly serious.

"Good." I answered carefully. "Why?"

"Just wondering." She sighed. "Making small talk." She added as she downed the rest of her drink.

"Demi..."

She didn't have a chance to respond. Chloe walked over and started hanging all over her. If I would've known then that she would be the final straw that pushed Demi over the edge, I would've drug her out by her hair and put her in the streets where she belonged. Instead, I just smiled as she latched onto a person that I loved more than I was able to understand at the time.

"Baby." She purred into Demi's ear.
"Let's go find a little privacy."

Demi kissed her and I couldn't help but frown.

"I'll talk to you later." I said with a tight lipped smile before I turned and walked away.

I spotted Jamie over at the bar so I made my way over to her. I needed to vent and she was basically the person that bore the weight of all my problems and troubles. She was a great listener.

"Uh oh." She said as I approached. "You've got that look...."

"Am I that transparent?"

"Basically...yes." She smiled. "What happened?"

"I'm worried about Demi." I explained as I settled onto a stool next to her.

"You're not worried." She laughed as she took a sip of wine. "You're jealous. If you were worried you'd do something about the problem."

"I am not!" I said defensively. "I am in a loving relationship. I have no reason to be jealous."

"What about when you weren't happy?" She questioned. "You and I both know she was a band aid of sorts for you. I'm not sure if you've let go of that yet."

"I...holy shit." I sighed heavily. "I'm fucking jealous."

"The first step is acceptance." She said as squeezed my shoulder. "How are things with Nick?"

"Perfect." I groaned. "He's been perfect. I just don't like that woman. Why couldn't you and Demi just stay together. You're pretty, you're smart..."

"Ok first of all." Jamie chuckled lightly. "We were never together. It never would have worked anyway. We had a fun night and that was about it. Second, if I was with Demi you and I probably wouldn't even be friends. You and I both know why that woman bothers you. You're only bothered when Demi is paying attention to someone that isn't you."

"That's not true." I said shaking my head. "I just want her to have something good. She deserves that."

"Selena..."

"Im serious."

"Ok. Fine. If that's true then look at her right now. She looks happy. Let it go."