Heart of the Lion

Começar do início

The arm flew closer to Shiro as he gasped in shock and utter disbelief at his new arm.

He smiled for a moment, but it didn't last. Ahiro suddenly screamed in agony, his vitals going haywire.

"He's crashing!" Sam shouted, "We have to shut it down!"

The arm flinched and whirred out of control as Shiro lost consciousness. One of the mne in the room tried to take down the arm but was shoved away immediately.

I was in shock. This wasn't supposed to happen. The arm was supposed to work flawlessly.

As I stared in shock, Allura jumped into the room and onto the and, trapping it underneath her on the floor.

"Sam, we need to remove the power source." She said then looked over at me, "Zurine, removed the crystal, now!"

I shook my head snapping me out of ny trance and kneeling down next to Sam and Allura. Sam opened the arm and took out the Earth power chip.

I reached deeper into the arm and pulled out the crystal I created. Allura replaced the chip with the jewel from tiara, but Shiro's vitals were still too erratic.

I looked down at my crystal and closed my eyes. The crystal began to glow bright blue and I saw something within it. A black dot filled with a mixed emotion that I couldn't explain what, how and where it came from.

No matter what it was, my power got rid of it and the crystal was pure once again. I put the crystal back into the arm and Shiro's vitals quickly went back to normal.

Shiro grunted as the arm floated up next to him, resting by his side as the yellow color turned a light cyan blue.

Everyone outside rushed in to check on Shiro as he slowly woke up.

"What-- What happened?" He asked, "I feel strange."

He commanded his arm to move and he smiled.

"I feel great." I collapsed onto the floor, feeling a wave of relief wash over me. But that strange black dot in the crystal, what was it?"

"Zurine," Keith said smiling as he knelt next to me, "You did great." I smiled back and he pucked me up onto my feet.

After letting Shiro rest for a few hours, we got dressed in our uniforms and headed to the conference room for a debriefing on what Pidge and Allura found.

"We've learned so much from Sendak's memories.we discovered his methods for taking over planets like Earth." Pidge said.

"Sendak constructs armaments at key strategic points around planets." Allura said, "This gives him the ability to control enormous swaths of territory. He uses the armaments as detergents to prevent any uprisings and to control the conquered population."

Veronica pressed a key on the nearby tablet controlling the screen in front of us.

"Based on data from Commander Holt's micro-satellites, cross-referenced with resistance intel, we've ascertained that Sendak built seven massive structures on Earth. We never knew what they were being used for until now." She explained.

"They're the weapons?" Hunk asked, "So, what's stopping us from blowing them up?"

"We simply don't have enough firepower to do the job." Admiral Sanda said, "And even if we did, there's a good chance those facilities contain civilians. We can't just go in blind."

"Admiral Sanda's right." Shiro said, "That's why we should infiltrate a base and gather intelligence first."

"How far is the nearest base?" I asked.