Chapter 26

Three summers had passed. He knelt with one knee, ready to propose. "Emm, we've been together for three years, and let me say... every year was the best year of my life, and every day, I am convinced that you are the reason why my life is complete; are you willing to spend forever with me?" Drew opened the ring box and stretches it towards her.

Forever? She said in her mind. She looked at everyone in the room but couldn't find an answer to his proposal. To be honest, Drew was a nice guy and she knows it but her spending the rest of her life with him is a big responsibility. Her mom nodded in tears mouthing to her to accept the proposal, same as her grandmother. She looked at Drew.

"How can I say no?" she smiled and stretched out her finger in his direction.

"Is that a yes?" He smiled brightly.

"Ye...Yes, it's a yes."

"Yes, yes." He shouted with excitement. "She said yes." Drew placed the ring on her middle finger. It was beautiful.

Some minute later, he left with his family. Emma and her mom were in the room alone and she asked Emma if she was happy and Emma responded with a yes even though she was not. All that was in her mind was Ezra. She couldn't forget about her lover so easily. They might have had children by now. She hasn't seen Ezra or Heather for years and Zoe was already six. She's beautiful and behaves maturely.

"I am proud of you." Her mom said. "Drew is going to be a great husband." She added.

"I know mom but what should I do about Zoe, she is becoming arrogant towards him day by day, she hates him."

"You don't need to worry about Zoella; I will take care of her. Just focus on your wedding preparations."

"Take care of her? You don't mean?"

"She will be staying with me till she learns how to be nice to Drew."

"No mom, Zoe is not going anywhere, what will I do without her?"

"I don't want her to ruin this wedding for you."

"She won't. She is my daughter after all."

"No she is not, she was adopted."

"I don't care about that, excuse me... I will give Phoebe a call right away."

She called Phoebe and told her about Drew proposing to her and she should come and help her out with the preparations starting tomorrow, Phoebe was happy for her best friend. "What's that noise coming from over the phone? And why are you?" She gasped. "Did you pick up my calls while having sex? How disrespectful of you Phoebs."

"Danny said to greet you."

"You and Danny are together now? I thought you guys weren't working out so you took a break."

"We are back from our break."

"After six years? Seriously?" Emma threw her hands up in the air.

"So, how is MR. cute lips?"

Emma sighed. "He got married Three years ago, I'm sure he would have had children by now."

"Wow, I really thought the two of you were gonna hit it off."

"Me too bestie, I had a lot of hope for us but it seems it wasn't meant to be.

"Calm down, I bet Drew is gonna be a great husband."

"He is but Zoe hates him, more than before."