Chapter 23

This was the perfect time for the guests to say their goodbyes to the newlyweds as they prepared to head out. Emma went back inside to take her purse and Heather thanked her for helping out with the wedding preparations. Emma smiled and left the couple alone.

The car Heather and Ezra left with took them to Ezra's house in Manhattan. The rooms were decorated when they entered. Drunken Ezra sat on the sofa that was in the room and Heather went to the bathroom to peel herself out of her wedding dress, took a shower, and change. She finally walked out with perfect hair and some sexy lingeries which is a laced shoulder, tight innerwear, and a silky robe—only to find her husband sprawled out on the bed, passed out.

Bravo... on the night of our wedding, he passed out. She sprinkled water on his face and woke him up. He got up and went to the bathroom to change. "How long have I been out?"

"About, 30 minutes... gosh, you were messed up," Heather replied.

He came out and took the pillow and blanket from the bed and dropped it on the sofa.

"What do you think you are doing?" Heather folded her arms.

"Going to sleep, obviously." He lay down and rolled the blanket over his face.

"Why aren't you sleeping on the bed?"

"I don't feel sleeping on the bed... I'd prefer the sofa."

"But...But what about what they do on the wedding night? The sex thing." She frowned.

"I'm not in the mood for that Miss Bricks."

"It's Mrs. Queen now," she looked at him and loses her robe "Can we just cuddle tonight?" She moved closer to him.

"Look Heather, today was exhausting for me. Please I just want to sleep." He turned his face around. She was tempting though but he just can't have sex with her, if they do then they won't enjoy it... no more feeling left. What's the point?

"So, we are not having sex?" she said but he ignored it. She covered her body and went to the decorated bed. She took out some chocolate and ate it before she slept. To be honest, she was not happy. Why would he do something like that? He has always wanted her but today?

At 6:30 am, Ezra got up and prepared for work. He saw Heather sleeping but left anyway. He got to the office and people were asking him why he was in the office. He was meant to take the day off.

Heather got up and couldn't find Ezra around so she took her to bath and went to her parent's house. When she got there her parent was so happy to see her. "Mom," she said and hugged her.

Her mother took her to the room so she can hear every detail of last night. "So, what happened?"

"Mom, he was so nice to me. Who could have thought he was good at doing it." She chuckled.

"I am happy for you baby." Her mother laughed.

"Me too mom, I'm so lucky."

"No, he is the lucky one to have you as a bride... by the way, when are you going to have kids?"

"Mom, we've not even settled into our first full day as husband and wife and you are already asking about when we are going to have kids?"

"Baby, it does not matter, I can't wait to carry my grandchildren. Did you use a condom last night?"

"Uh, yes?" Heather felt awkward answering that.

"Why? You are already married... and you need something to pick you up Asap! Plan date night, take day trips, and make sure you take the time out from being busy every day to just have some fun as you settle into married life."