Chapter 15

"I'm so sorry,'' Emma said as she entered the café around 1:30 in the afternoon. ''I didn't mean to keep you waiting Drew. Hope I'm not late?"

"No, you are In time Emma," Drew said as he called the waiter and ordered more cold drinks.
Emma knew Drew was a great guy since the day she met him at the arcade two months ago when Zoe was playing LET'S DANCE.

She needed to find a new job as soon as possible so she could keep herself busy but all the interviews she had been going to has not been favoring her at all.

She'd told Drew about it and he had offered her a job at his game company. But what does Emma know about games? So she had to oppose his offer.

Drew had told her that he was going to introduce her to big people that are going to help her with the job she has been looking for and she should guarantee success this time.

A lady in her early 20s with a slim figure and blond hair walked into the café as Emma saw Drew waving at her telling her to come and sit with them. She was wearing black shaded sunglasses and held a Dior designer handbag with killer boots and Emma could figure that her gown was Fendi Rama designer.

She placed her bag on the table as she sat next to Drew. She removed her sunglasses and brought out some documents from her bag.

"This was what you asked for Mr. O'Brien." She said as she focused on Emma "And you must be Miss Emmaline Facer."

"Yes," Emma replied.

"Mr. O'Brien talked to me about you looking for a job."

"Yes, I've been looking for a job for the past two months but I couldn't find any."

"Well count yourself lucky cause you've passed this one...You've got the job."

"Without an interview?" Emma asked shocked.

"I already interviewed you." She said smiling. She was beautiful.

"But how," Emma asked again.

"Your dressing made me choose you... I am giving you the job because you have fashion sense... I mean I love the way you place that blue belt next to the write. I'm amazed."

"Thank you. I'm so grateful." Emma said with excitement.

"Well, I will take my leave now. I'm already late. I need to be somewhere in ten minutes.'' She said as she wore her sunglasses and carried her bag "By the way, I'm Heather Bricks, and make sure your resume tomorrow, we have a lot of work to do." She added as she gave Emma her card and walked out of the café.
Emma was filled with happiness. She couldn't stop thanking Drew for the favor he has done for her. He'd told her that she was going to get the job and she did.

"Thank you for helping me out. I don't know how to pay you in return but thank you." Emma said smiling.

"Why do you keep on thanking me? Aren't we friends? I will be willing to help you out every time you require one okay?"

"We are friends indeed. I need to go pick Zoella up from school. Hope you won't be mad if I left?"

"Of course not I need to be somewhere too. So I will call you in the night. Are you cool with that?"

" Yes I am cool," Emma said as she took her to leave.
She entered her car and drove off to Zoe's school. She can't wait to tell Zoe about her new job.

It was already time for Ezra to go to Canada. Well, he wanted to go tomorrow but he changed his mind.

He has been dealing with important clients since 7 in the morning and had finished all his work by 12 so he decided to take a vacation and rest his mind before his wedding with Heather.

He went to the airport and he was welcomed by the fight attended as they took his baggage to his private jet. He was already feeling better from his hangover thanks to his mom.

Twenty minutes ago Arden already baked Ezra's favorite cupcakes and told him to have some before he left for the airport. He couldn't insist since she had put all her time into baking it for him.

His sis winter has also decided to go out with friends for a sleepover. Ezra didn't want her to go but since she is still in college. He wanted her to enjoy school life and have as many boyfriends as possible but without their father finding out about it.

Winter has always been happy that she was blessed with an elder brother like Ezra because she believes that he is the only one that understands her in that house.

Ezra entered his plane and sat comfortably on the bed. He was gonna take a short nap because he has been working and he was already tired.

He removed his clothes and climbed the bed as he dozed off immediately. Even though he didn't know that the plane has taken off already, his body could feel it. He knew it was going to be a very long and boring vacation because the woman he loves won't be there to accompany him.

***

Emma picked Zoe up from school and told her about how Drew helped her in getting the job.

Zoe always knew her mom was a superwoman and that she could accomplish anything she set her mind to. She has always respected her mom for that and has also chosen her mom as her role model.

Even though Zoe knew she was sassy and mean. The only people she respected and loved the most in her life is her mom, Ezra Queen, and her mom's best friend Phoebe which she also calls her godmother.

To be honest she does not like Drew that much.
She has always thought Drew will try to take her mom away from Ezra. Even though she knows that Drew was a good man. She still has this feeling that he will try to make her mom stop loving Ezra and start loving him instead.

Emma helped Zoe out of the car and took her inside the house she helped her out of her uniform and asked her to take a bath before she thinks about eating.

Zoe calm down two minutes later and told her mom about the new boy she met and how funny he is. Emma could not stop laughing because of the way Zoe was demonstrating the way the boy walks up to her. She wished Ezra were here to watch the way Zoe was happy.

"Now tell me about Heather's mom," Zoe said as she sat down beside Emma on the couch after she finished her meal.

And Emma began the story "it was a very sunny day and I saw this angel walked inside the café wearing a black shaded sunglasses and Fendi Rama gown with expensive killer boots and she held her Dior wine bag."

"Whoa, she must be from a very rich family beside I love Dior," Zoe said smiling.

"From her appearance, she is from a very rich family."

"So, are you saying she didn't interview you and just gave you the job like that?"

"Yes, but she said she did ...that I am qualified for the job because of the way I dress and I can start working tomorrow."

"Whoa. You are a lucky mom."

"I know sweetie. I am." Emma said.

Her phone chimed and she knew it was Drew that was calling so she moved away from Zoe and picked up the call but she wasn't expecting him to say she was already at her front door.

As the doorbell rang Zoe ran to open it quickly but to her surprise, she saw Drew there. She was not very happy but what could she have done. Chase him away?

Drew was holding expensive champagne as he entered the house.

He'd ask Emma to bring glasses that he was going to celebrate with her on her new job and she brought the glasses.

They drink and laugh so much that night and realized they had a lot in common.