Chapter 24

Ezra woke up and found Heather next to him on the bed with a tray full of cookies and coffee. "Good morning boo." She smiled and kissed his forehead. He looked at her strangely and frowned

"How did I get here?" he got down from the bed.

"Don't you remember what happened last night?"

"No, I... oh last night... I am so sorry about that Heather, I didn't mean..." He got interrupted before he could finish his sentences.

"Shhh," she placed her index finger on his lips. "I enjoyed it, last night was superb." She tried kissing him but he rejected it.

He moved away from her. "Get ready; we are going to The Queen's mansion."

"Today?" she sat on the bed. "Aren't we meant to go to church... it's Sunday."

"Not today, we can go to church another time; mom said I should bring you over." He took his suit from the wardrobe. And went to the bathroom.

"You are gonna wear a suit on a Sunday?" she picked a cookie and shoved it in her mouth.

"Yes, I am." He said from the bathroom.

"To your parent's mansion? Suit? Seriously?"

"Is it bad? I'm used to wearing a suit all the time." He came out and dried his body.

She sighs "Thank goodness I had picked this cloth out for you on my way home yesterday. You should try it, you will look good in it."

"Casual?" He eyed the cloth and collected it from her.

"Yes, just put it on." She went to her wardrobe and picked out her pink leather short skirt. She wore a white round neck inside and tops it up with a matchy jacket. She was ready.

"So, you are going with pink?" he asked as he wears the t-shirt. "You know, you are making this house looks like a princess palace... the pink, pink thing everywhere." He added and threw his hand in the air.

"I'm wearing pink to the mansion." She picked up her purse. "Let's go."

Ezra picked up his car key and drove them to the mansion.

They got to The Queen's mansion around 1:23 in the afternoon. Heather entered the house and was welcomed by Ezra's mom with a hug. "Happy Sunday mother." She greeted and walked to the living room. Ezra entered the house after parking the car in the garage. He kissed his mom's cheeks as he entered with a fake smile.

"I love seeing you smile, are you happy?" she asked him and he nodded his head. "Please Ezra, be good to her." She added.

"Mom, she is my wife... I will take good care of her." He smiled again. "By the way, where is Winter?"

"She went to see a friend; she won't be around for dinner."

"I just wanted to ask her why she missed my wedding." He frowned.

"To be honest Ezra...Winter was not happy with the fact that you married Heather." She followed her son to the living room. "Dinner will be served in 1 hrs time." She worked in the kitchen.

Heather stood up and followed her to the kitchen. "mom, can I do the cooking today?"

Arden smiled. "Can you cook?"

"No, but you can teach me... I want to cook for my babe."

"But you just got married, go and enjoy the conversation with him and I will cook it and the maid will help me.

"Mom, I want to be the one to help you, I know it's going to be hard to teach me but I really want to cook for him."