Chapter 20

She made a right onto Rockefeller Center at 30 Rockefeller plazas; drove two blocks, then pulled up in front of the plaza.

"This is it, Miss Bricks. The wedding venue." Emma said as she got out of the car. She took three boxes out of the car and dragged them into the plaza.

"Shouldn't it be the designer doing that instead of you?" Heather asked as she walked to the receptionist.

"I know but I want to make the work easier for her."

"That is why she is getting paid Miss Facer... she needs to do her job not you doing it for her." Heather glanced at her. "What are you still doing? Call her already."

"Yes, Miss Bricks." She took the phone and called the designer and told her to come to Rainbow Room.
It took thirty minutes before the designer got to the plaza. She scrambled out of the car, slammed the door then run full speed into the plaza. "I'm so sorry Miss. Bricks...I Forgot we were meant to meet today."

"You should be Meredith... if you try this next time then I have no choice but to call another person to do the job." Heather said angrily.

"It won't repeat itself, I promise." Meredith took the boxes and took out what was in them. "Are we meant to arrange everything today, when the wedding is still in seven days?"

"Yes, we have to start now... I want my wedding to be perfect... nothing should ruin this for me or you lose your job and by that, I meant you won't be able to work for anyone."

Meredith called Emma to help her with the designs. "Choose the hues," Emma said. "Your perfect palette will be a color combo that Miss Bricks love and it has to work with your venue... makes it disappear with complementary tones, like..."

"Like blush and gold?" Meredith asked.

"Well, I was going to say pink but blush and gold are perfect Meredith." Emma smiled. "Gold is going to be the metallic base and blush is going to be among the complementary shades."

"There are more colors?" Meredith asked.
Emma smiled. "Yes, we can't just use blush and gold..." she sighed "We will be adding an anchor color, main accent, and an accessory accent= wedding magic."

"Have you done wedding preparation before?" Meredith asked. "Well, it's obvious that you've done it before."

"No, this is my first," Emma said.

"Whoa, how come you are good at it... this is my tenth time in this job and I am not good with this the way you are, what is your secret?"

"The internet." Emma grinned widely.

Meredith was surprised. "The internet?"

"Yes...The internet."

"You are a genius Miss Facer...why didn't I think of that?"

"It's just simple logic since the internet knows almost everything...Now, let's get back to what we were doing, you don't want Miss Bricks to shout at you again."

"Yes, you are right... So, what's next?" she asked Emma.

"Table shades coded; Check out your venue's furniture and table's top options," Emma said as she instructed the male designers to bring in six long, rectangular tables. She turned to Heather. "How many guests are we expecting?"

"It should be 48 guests altogether."

"What about your husband's friends?" Emma asked.

Heather looked at her. "They are among the 48."

"Okay." She turned to Meredith. "These are modern and ideal for small parties, only 8 guests fit at each one and we will be covering it with runners instead of linens."