Chapter 10

It has been a month since they celebrated Zoe's birthday. Ezra didn't show up but sent a lot of gifts to Zoe. Emma entered his office following his new rules saying she should knock thrice before entering so she did.

"Miss Facer meets our new client." He said as he placed his hand on the small of her back and led her to where the client was sitting.

A cute man walked up to her. "Hello, Miss Facer." He said as he extends his hand forward. She took it in hers and smiled.

"Hello, Mr. ..." Should I call him Mr. Cutie or Mr. Hottie? She had no idea. She thought still doesn't know his name.

"It's Hallway. But please call me Toby." He said smiling. He is damn cute. She couldn't keep her eyes off him.

She was devastated after hearing his name. "Toby Hallway" She imitated. He was her ex-boyfriend. Did he recognize me or what? Or is there another Toby Hallway I don't know about? She was confused.

"Do you know each other?" Ezra asked walking towards them.

"No, we don't. Please excuse me." She said walking out of his office. She didn't realize Toby would follow her into her office.

"Do you need anything Mr. Hallway?" She asked walking towards her chair.

"Don't try to play dumb with me." He said following her to her seat.

"What does that mean? I don't understand." She said trying to figure out what he's gonna say.

"Do u think I will not notice my ex-girlfriend who left me alone on prom night?" He said angrily.

"Ex-girlfriend" She hated him for coming back. Her reaction changed.

"Emma, I am not in the mood for chit-chat... I looked for you everywhere now that I've found you... You are telling me you don't know me." He was annoyed.

"Well, I don't know you... Okay?" She said trying to make him get out of her office.

"Okay let's make a deal." He said.

"Why will I wanna make a deal with you? We don't even have any business."

"I think we will have one soon after I tell your rich boyfriend the kind of bitch you are." He grinned evilly.

"Rich boyfriend, who the hell is that, if I may recall I don't have one." She doesn't, still searching for one. If she had found one a long time now, she would have been happy.

"Looks like you are denying it...... how about I walk into Ezra's room to reveal a big secret you are hiding from him." He said Smiling wickedly.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" She said Shocked.

"Wow, Emma you haven't changed a bit.....I know what you and Phoebe did. So don't you try to outsmart me? Got it? "He said as he walked out of her office.

Oh my God, what does he know? I've got to call Phoebe. She said as she took her phone out of her bag. She dialed Phoebe's number but Phoebe wasn't picking up.

After a couple of minutes, her phone chimed. It was Phoebe's message.

"What's up?" She asked.
Emma couldn't tell her about the drama she'd faced twenty minutes ago over the phone.

"Where are you?" Emma asked.

"I am at home. I didn't go to work today." Phoebe replied.

"Okay let's meet."

"What is wrong Em?"

"Looks like the ghost of the past is back" She was still shocked.

"What does that mean? .... I don't understand," Phoebe said confused.