Awkward Nightmare

It was a deep into the night when Valerian heard a creak on the floorbroads in the hallway. Sebastian was fast asleep. She didn't want to disturb him, so the brunette female carefully and silently slipped from his embrace and wrapped a dressing gown around herself. Leaving the safety of their bedroom, Valerian went to find out what was making the noise.

She search the darkened hallway, there wasn't anyone there. Valerian noticed that the living room light had been switched on. Now she was scared. Still, she made her way to the room. The door was slightly open, peering through the gap, the female couldn't see who was in there.

Taking a deep breath, she walked into the room.

At first, Valerian assumed that maybe she or Sebastian had forgotten to turn the light off but then the door behind her shut with a slight thud, causing her to jump. Spinning on her heels, she prepared herself to face the intruder, angered that someone would dare break it their home.

She came face to face with Jason.

"Valerian, wake up!"

XOX

"Valerian, wake up!"

She was awake, that wasn't the problem. The problem was that she couldn't get the image of Jason out of her mind, it was as if it was imprinted into her brain. “Sebastian, oh hell, Sebastian!” she clung on to him, trembling with fear.

“Valerian, look at me.” she turned her eyes towards her husband, her rapid breathing becoming faster and faster. “Breathe with me. In...one...two...three...and out.” Sebastian tried to calm down his wife but she seemed frightened to her very core. “That's it.” he placed his hands on her shoulders, rubbing them soothingly. “Good, keep calm for me, Val.”

Soon Valerian was able to breathe normally, she sat next to Sebastian, his supportive arms around her. She felt extremely frightened still. "Thank you." she whispered.

"Anytime." her kissed her temple, holding Valerian closer to him. He remembered the last time she had had such a bad nightmare, it had been their wedding night. "What was it this time?"

She buried her face into his chest, not wanting to see Sebastian's expression whan she told him. "Jason." she mumbled.

"Did anything happen in your dream?"

"I woke up before he was able to do anything." Valerian suddenly broke down in tears, pushing Sebastian away from her because she felt so embarrassed. It was just a dream! "Please just forget I said anything." her words came out muffled as she hide her face in her hands.

Sebastian sighed and pulled Valerian back into his loving embrace. "How can you expect me to sit here and watch you cry without doing anything?" he whispered to her.

"I was so scared, Seb."

"I know, honey, I know."

Valerian wrapped her arms around his neck. "I'm so sorry for waking you."

"Don't talk like that. I care about you so much, Valerian. If you knew how much I loved you, then you wouldn't say things like that."

"Oh, Seb." she kissed him gently on the lips. "I know, I know you love me. And I love you. I didn't mean-"

"Val, Val, I understand." he tried to reassure her.

"I love you, Seb." Valerian tangled her fingers in his hair.

"I love you, Val."

"Dope."

He moved a stray piece of hair from her face. "Dope."

"Dope"

Sebastian kissed Valerian this time. "Let's go back to sleep?"

"Okay." she whispered, lying back down, smiling slightly when Sebastian wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I will always, always be around to protect you, Valerian Stan." he murmured to her, kissing her neck. "Always." Sebastian nuzzled her shoulder. "You don't have to be scared of him anymore, he's out of your life for good. You'll never see Jason Stepman again."

"I know" she whispered. "I've got my Bucky Barnes to protect me."

"'I'm with you 'til the end of the line.'"

A/N: QUESTION OF THE DAY: SO, NARVEL HAS CHOSEN THE 'CIVIL WAR' STORYLINE. ANY OPINIONS?