Awkward Loki

The sun was beginning to seep through the cracks in the heavy, deep emerald curtains. Daytime had finally arrived. As Loki lay awake on his bed, staring at the ceiling, he could feel himself sinking further into a depressive mood. It was another morning his Mother would never live to see. Another morning he would have to face without her kind, reassuring words while he was imprisoned. At least he was in comfortable surroundings but Loki knew this comfort would not last forever, soon he would be thrown back into his cell to rot, the mouring period could only last so long. He was a traitor, he did not deserve this kind of luxury.

The door to the room creaked open as the maiden he had terrorised last night, shuffled into the room carrying a tray precariously on one arm as she let herself in. Placing the Prince's breakfast on a side table, she locked the door, then turned to face the gaunt male who was staring at her. Quickly, she looked away. The God of Mischief rolled his jewel green eyes, internally telling himself to keep calm and not freak out at her presence. "Just take back the food on your way out. I don't want it." she made no movement to leave, the servant just stood there, awkwardly. Leaping out of bed, Loki found himself storming towards the female. "Are you deaf as well as stupid? I don't want the food, I want you to leave! Get. Out. I have no interest in what your orders are but you are not welcome in this room and I'll be damned further if I have to endure seeing your imperfect face everyday." Grabbing her by the shoulder, Loki forced her to meet his eye. "I need solitude, I'm in mourning. My Mother-." he suddenly found his voice cut off as a lump rose in his throat and tears swelled in his eyes. Furiously, he tried to blink them away but it was no good, they began to fall freely, streaking his face. "My Mother-." he croaked, feeling his body crumple on itself as he fell to his knees at the maiden's feet. He trembled violently, nausea swept over him. "She's dead. She's dead. My, your Queen-." Loki buried his face in his hands. The broken Prince shook at the 'lowly' woman's feet.

Tenderly, he felt arms gently help him rise to his unsteady feet and carefully guide him to his bed. Silently, the female assisted to help Loki get into his King size, four poster bed. Slipping inbetween the silk sheets, he lay his head against the plush pillow. Heavy-lidded eyes followed the servant as she tucked him in. As she adjusted the duvet around his shoulders, the maid leaned in close to his ear. "I'm sorry for your loss." for the first time she broke her vow of silence.

Before he could respond, she was gone, leaving the food and the tray on the side table.

A/N: Okay, so QUESTION OF THE DAY: IF YOU COULD SIT AND WATCH A MOVIE WITH YOU OTP, WHO WOULD IT BE AND WHAT WOULD YOU WATCH?