Awkward Fanfiction

Dedicated to @teamlegolas221b .

The song to listen to is Stay by Sam Smith. I do not own the lyrics used.

@VallyStan

'We Have Time' (Part Two)

by @VallyStan

Guess it's true, I'm not good at a one-night stand

But I still need love 'cause I'm just a man

These nights never seem to go to plan

I don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand?

7:55 PM

It had been a week since Steve had been dead. A week since Bucky's heart had broken in two. He was sat in The Stork Club, at the bar, where he and Steve should have been having celebratory drink, but Steve was dead. Bucky could picture the scene now, Steve would be sat next to him, sipping an an ice cold beer, laughing at something Bucky had said. At first he would smile, thrn nudge Bucky in the ribs and finally chuckle. That was how Steve laughed, every time but Steve was dead, there would be no more bantering, smiling, nudging or chuckling. He was gone.

The Stork Club was a beautiful, quint place that was situated down a narrow alleyway. It was a club furnished with gold and powder pink velvet, that had a live jazz band seven nights a week and people could either sit and listen to the music or slow dance on the small floor space that had been cleared for such activities.

Why am I so emotional?

No it's not a good look, gain some self control

And deep down I know this never works

But you can lay with me so it doesn't hurt

7:59 PM

Bucky wasn't interested in any of that, he just wanted to drink his beer and wallow in his memories. Their last conversation still rang in his ears. He didn't even try to save himself, Steve just decided to turn himself into a martyr. How could he have left Bucky? He truly didn't realise how many people he would hurt if he died. Whenever Bucky tried to get some respite from the ghosts that haunted him by sleeping, his mind would always transport him to happier times in his life, all of which contained Steve or he would dream about Steve walking into the communication room, alive and he'd comfort Bucky saying that it was all a decoy to trick the enemy, but Steve was dead, it wasn't a decoy.

Oh, won't you stay with me?

'Cause you're all I need

This ain't love it's clear to see

But darling, stay with me

8:00 PM

Eight o'clock, the time that Steve had promised Bucky that he would be at the club. He wasn't coming thought. He was dead and Bucky was alive and left to grieve. Every time Bucky remembered his best friend, it was like a knife being twisted in his gut. He would feel faint, as if he was about to black out. Then the tears would begin. Those endless tears that seemed to be pouring from his very core at the thought of Steve. They never ceased.

The worst thing about the whole death was that they couldn't find a body, search parties were still looking for the missing plane, so those left behind, still alive couldn't even give the man they loved a decent funeral. It was as if Bucky wasn't allowed to have a proper good bye.

"Excuse me?" someone interrupted Bucky's tortured thoughts and brought him back to the present, a present that was Steve Rogers free. "Is this seat taken?"

The broken soldier remained silent, faintly aware that the person was now sitting beside him. He turned his back further to them, why couldn't he just be left alone?

"Sorry, I don't suppose you have to time?" they asked.

Bucky could tell that he wasn't going to get any peace unless he answered the person's question. He glanced at the giant clock in the room, on the opposite wall. "It's eight-oh-five."

"Oh, so I'm not too late to meet you then."

'Late to meet you', what were they talking about? Spinning on the stool he was on, Bucky was about to question them about what the stranger meant but before he could, he cam face to face with a ghost.

Steve.

It was him. It couldn't have been a figment of Bucky's bereaved mind, there was no possibility of Bucky making an apparition so detailed and so perfect. He found himself unable to tear his eyes away from those familiar sea blue eyes. Gingerly, Bucky reached out and placed a hand on Steve's shoulder, it connected with the soft material of his best friend's jacket. He was actually sitting in front of him. Steve was alive. Steve wasn't dead. Steve was there, sitting before him, only five minutes late. "Steve?" he whispered in disbelief, tears already in his eyes.

There was that amazing smile that Bucky had missed for so long. "Sorry I'm five minutes late, Bucks."

Before he could answer, Bucky felt extremely uneasy. The shock of seeing his "dead" friend was too much for him. He fainted right then and there.

THE END

A/N: EDITED: OKAY, SO I KNOW THAT YOU ASKED FOR BUCKY TO TEACH STEVE TO DANCE, BUT I AM HAVING SOME REAL WRITER'S BLOCK ISSUES AT THE MOMENT, SO I DO APOLOGISE THAT THIS IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT THAN WHAT YOU ASKED FOR BUT I WILL FIND A AWAY TO INCLUDE IT IN A LATER CHAPTER. APOLOGIES. PLEASE DON'T BE ANGRY. THANK YOU FOR READING THIS MESSAGE.  Ehehehehe. Right, thank you all for the votes and comments. THE VIEWS, WOOHOO!. :D :D :D :D :D Thank you, thank you, thank you! So, only two more chapters till the GREEN/GOLD situation is explained. Exciting huh? DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!!! And the competition is ON. One person has already been recommended. Let the 75th annual Hunger Games, BEGIN! Not that this is the Hunger Games...

ANYWAY...QUESTION OF THE DAY:

What would you do if you were Valerian and you'd just found out that Sebastian thinks he's Bucky?

Me: "Wow." Yeah, that would be my reaction.. :3

We're back with Valky in the next chapter!